OT: Fair or Foul - Standing up at a game? | The Boneyard

OT: Fair or Foul - Standing up at a game?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There have been multiple times at games both at MSG and in CT, where fans have gotten into arguments and called security on each other due to standing up.

Thoughts? Discuss

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you're pretty much the only person standing, you're being a jerk.

Yeah. If you know you are going to stand, get the last row of a section or stand in standing room only areas. I do this for minor league baseball games. Get a general admission ticket and just walk the concourse with whomever I am with. Watch an inning or two and move.

For basketball, you stand for the traditional stuff and obvious momentum shifts or for bad stuff watching Akok's injury. Student section is only areas where standing all game is the norm.

For football you do it for things like 4th down plays, short yardage or goal line situations.

Reaction Score
It’s frustrating when you have someone standing blocking your view the entire game

5FF880AC-11E6-4D2A-81B1-0120223BE95C.jpeg

Reaction Score
When I go to games, I like to get into it. I like standing especially during important parts of a game. I think it just makes it like the place is into it more where the fans are on top of the action, and It gives a more intimidating feel for the opposing team. I honestly don’t understand the people who are anti standing. With that said...if you are blocking the view of an elderly couple, or somebody who physically has a hard time standing, then yes, at that point you are being flat out rude.

Reaction Score
When I go to games, I like to get into it. I like standing especially during important parts of a game. I think it just makes it like the place is into it more where the fans are on top of the action, and It gives a more intimidating feel for the opposing team. I honestly don’t understand the people who are anti standing. With that said...if you are blocking the view of an elderly couple, or somebody who physically has a hard time standing, then yes, at that point you are being flat out rude.
I like to stand as much as possible but you do need to be cognizant of those around you. Used to be annoying when people would stand in front of my husband in his wheelchair- most were good but not all. XL fans worse about it than Gampel.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You stand within the contextual confines of the game.

The people who deserve a Fishy-punch are those (especially at the XL Center) who do not stand to let you through the row.

The orca fat guy who makes his "friends" hop over him, and then have the nerve to ask one of them to get him a beer deserves two.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
they're anti-standites. let's work together to remove this scourge from our society.
#sitdown, #standup, #makeupyourmind.

Reaction Score
I can clap yell and scream just as well sitting as standing.
Why pay big bucks for good seats and stand?
No problem standing at the appropriate times during the game.
Do you stand when watching on TV at home?
Why go to the game at all if your going to complain about what other people are doing? Me as fan yes I do stand up at home while watching the games!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Do you notice that pretty much everyone else in this picture is standing?

The poster of that pic was making a joke. Obviously no one is worried about a couple of 10-year olds blocking their view.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can clap yell and scream just as well sitting as standing.
Why pay big bucks for good seats and stand?
No problem standing at the appropriate times during the game.
Do you stand when watching on TV at home?

I would guess every fan stands at home for parts of the game. They also switch seats, change which hand they drink with and anything else they can do to positively affect mojo.

Reaction Score
Courtside seats should never stand (while the ball is in play). Not only does it screw with the people behind them it messes with TV viewership, the ability of the referees and players to go near the lines, etc. Other than that, yeah, during a run or when you need to make noise (close and late, etc.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom