Fair Is Fair ... Maybe | The Boneyard

Fair Is Fair ... Maybe

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I didn't see all of these games, but the ones I did see were stingers for sure.

In most cases, though, the tough losses have set the stage for subsequent success.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that he didn't include the '94 loss to UNC.

That was a winnable game that looked as though neither Geno nor the team believed they could win.

Reaction Score
I didn't see all of these games, but the ones I did see were stingers for sure.

In most cases, though, the tough losses have set the stage for subsequent success.
Agreed. Geno rarely loses twice in a row which hopefully plays out in this year's NCAA's.

Reaction Score
That 2004 loss to Duke at the Civic Center was the only game that I can recall
where UConn really choked big time. The last 5 minutes were an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Today Altavilla showed up to do a column on Geno's biggest losses!

Geno Auriemma Has Suffered Some Tough Losses Along The Way
It took me a while before I could bring myself to again read John A's after his " Muffet has Geno's Number" --35 and 11 or so is the ratio for Geno--whom has whom's number?? Whom? Leave it to John to bring up the Tenn or Stanford games that hurt Uconn fans he most.
\Of this list I saw many of those games in person--and still feel the pain--I believed in Geno--I attended too many games where Geno's team was down--and some how he pull a kangaroo out of his hat of trick and won those games--I believed he'd win lost games. Like Santa Clause on my 12th birthday--he let me down.

Reaction Score
That 2004 loss to Duke at the Civic Center was the only game that I can recall
where UConn really choked big time. The last 5 minutes were an embarrassment.
I liked Aussies until that game--Foley--dang her hang her--she could not miss when the game was on the line..

Reaction Score
I was only 11/12 for the Tennessee 96/97 ones, and wasn't really a fan of college basketball (guys or girls) yet, so I didn't see those two games.

All the other ones were like a fresh dagger in the heart :D:D:D

Reaction Score
a luxury to feel such pain so few times and for such high stakes

Reaction Score
I remember quite a few of these. I still think the 2000 game against UT in Storrs was perhaps the best of the series between the two. It was a back and forth affair for much of the last half and those rosters were stacked. UConn had Bird, Ralph, Abrosomova, Cash, Jones, and Williams. UT had Catch, Randal, Lawson, Snow and Clement. Randal made two huge shots and it was a broken play at the end that cost the Huskies but I've since watched that game and it was as good as I remember.

Reaction Score
  1. I'm surprised that he didn't include the '94 loss to UNC.
That was a winnable game that looked as though neither Geno nor the team believed they could win.
I vividly recall that game- we were in control when NC player Tonya Sampson fouled Jen Rizotti causing her to leave the game- it was a dirty foul not seen by the refs, and it completely shifted the momentum. We should have won that game and maybe the NC that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom