Facing adversity, this is how Geno rallied the troop… | The Boneyard

Facing adversity, this is how Geno rallied the troop…

Reaction Score
First, Kudos to Geno, a great win at Tennessee Vols home turf. What he’s doing with the severely depleted roster and staying top 5 ranked in the country , it’s nothing short of miracle. That’s coaching.

In the great capital of basketball world, Hurley has 2 HOF coaches to learn from, he could learn his in-game timing and situation awareness from the GOAT. Please no more ill-timed timeouts and technicals. Refs are part of the game since the beginning, get along with them and use them to your advantage, that’s how you play the game within the system.

Geno Auriemma was incensed at the officiating in the second quarter, and his halftime interview with ESPN's Holly Rowe was something else. Rowe noted that Tennessee went to the free throw line more frequently and scored more second-chance points and asked Geno how he'd address it. "How do I address it?" he said. "How do I address it? You don't address it! This is what you get when you come down here. The game was called one way and that changed. Nothing else changed. We didn't change. Nothing else changed."

WHAT ELSE DID GENO SAY? "When that happens, there's nothing I can do about it," he told Rowe after the game. "I admire these kids and I'm so proud of them. We came out and we ran them that first quarter and we got tired. ... We started to wear down and we started to make mental mistakes and then they just came after us hard on the boards and things got out of hand. Then we came out and we became more of the aggressor, and that changed the game."

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom