Facey Signed to Play in Greece | The Boneyard

Facey Signed to Play in Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentan's Twitter account is private so I can't post a link to his Tweet but I grabbed a screenshot:
kfaceeuroball.jpg

I know less than zip about Euroball so I can't say anything about Trikala Aries BC but it's nice to see our guys getting the chance to play pro ball somewhere.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Greece's domestic league is on par with Spain and Turkey as one of the most competitive such leagues in Europe. He'll be going up against teams like Olympiacos and Panathinaikos, who are regularly among the best teams on the entire continent.

Reaction Score
Always liked Kentan a great deal. I hope he has a long, healthy, lucrative career.
Kentan really looked like he was coming on last year. Getting better and better. He made a huge jump. Then it just stopped and he regressed. If he could maintain the way he played as he was climbing, he can have a very nice career. Best to KF.

Reaction Score
Kentan really looked like he was coming on last year. Getting better and better. He made a huge jump. Then it just stopped and he regressed. If he could maintain the way he played as he was climbing, he can have a very nice career. Best to KF.

That is true pretty strange the way he lost his confidence the last few games. Most of it was just finishing and making shots, and he was making shots for a nice 12 or so game stretch - that guy who played good during that stretch will be a nice addition to a Euro team. Best f luck to him, great kid.

Reaction Score
Kentan's Twitter account is private so I can't post a link to his Tweet but I grabbed a screenshot:
kfaceeuroball.jpg

I know less than zip about Euroball so I can't say anything about Trikala Aries BC but it's nice to see our guys getting the chance to play pro ball somewhere.

The Greek league is very strong. One of the top with Italy and Spain. Russia is good too. That being said, Trikala is a very small town in the central plains of Greece, no beach time for Kentan.

C

Chief00

Kentan - best of luck young dude from Chief! I always appreciated your hospitality when I got up to Storrs (even when the guest of honor changed his plans ha ha)! Work hard Jamaican guy!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hope he plays well and his paychecks clear.

Reaction Score
That is true pretty strange the way he lost his confidence the last few games. Most of it was just finishing and making shots, and he was making shots for a nice 12 or so game stretch - that guy who played good during that stretch will be a nice addition to a Euro team. Best f luck to him, great kid.
Kentan was one of the strangest players in our history
Number 1 he started high school so late when he came from Jamaica he was 16 as a freshman at UConn ,he was about 6'9" 180 lbs but 20 years old..
I had doubts about his growth potential but since that class was weak and UConn's future uncertain. All we could do was hope.
I really don't think he saw much action as a freshman on the NC team
But starting his sophomore year he went into the pattern that would be his MO for the next three years.
The most consistent thing about him was his inconsistency
He did manage to gain some size without loss of mobility which is very difficult to do for a 20 year ,old naturally slender guy. So I suspect a pretty good work ethic.
Hard work can overcome at lot of defects.
I personally never had great expectations from him so I viewed those games were he shown ,as nice bonuses
I wish him luck.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Kentan - best of luck young dude from Chief! I always appreciated your hospitality when I got up to Storrs (even when the guest of honor changed his plans ha ha)! Work hard Jamaican guy!

What better place to give a guy a congrats than the Boneyard? There's creepy, and then there's Chief.

C

Chief00

What better place to give a guy a congrats than the Boneyard? There's creepy, and then there's Chief.

Then there is extreme paranoia - and that's you! LOL - I thought it was a nice public congrats post. I will congrats in person next time I see him but that may be awhile.

C

Chief00

CON
Kentan was one of the strangest players in our history
Number 1 he started high school so late when he came from Jamaica he was 16 as a freshman at UConn ,he was about 6'9" 180 lbs but 20 years old..
I had doubts about his growth potential but since that class was weak and UConn's future uncertain. All we could do was hope.
I really don't think he saw much action as a freshman on the NC team
But starting his sophomore year he went into the pattern that would be his MO for the next three years.
The most consistent thing about him was his inconsistency
He did manage to gain some size without loss of mobility which is very difficult to do for a 20 year ,old naturally slender guy. So I suspect a pretty good work ethic.
Hard work can overcome at lot of defects.
I personally never had great expectations from him so I viewed those games were he shown ,as nice bonuses
I wish him luck.

Ironically, his best game may have been against Duke in the Meadowlands. I wish he had legit Bigs and S&C coaches - his career may have been very different. I know some casual fans won't ever understand that..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69