Facey punished for being too good a student!!!!!!!! | The Boneyard

Facey punished for being too good a student!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That should be the headline in the Courant. This is so insane, the Courant writers should realize they have a national story on their hands. Instead, they treat as a tiny technical glitch.

This university was just punished for low academic standards. Now it is being punished for high academic standards.

Where's the outrage!!! This is beyond stupid. And guess who stupid is, again - the NCAA. This should be on the front page. Good grief. Amore is completely asleep at the wheel.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
There hasn't been a ruling yet. He hasn't been punished yet.

That's the problem... by then it will be too late.

I could see the NCAA taking away one year and calling it even... which is still outrageous

Reaction Score
NOW is the time to make a stink. Not after the NCAA makes some idiotic decision. Besides, that doesn't change the story.

The story is that the NCAA set to punish basketball player for taking his studies seriously!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's the problem... by then it will be too late.

I could see the NCAA taking away one year and calling it even... which is still outrageous
My opinion is that Emmert is a vindictive SOB. Could be wrong but there are things that lend me to believe this about him even though I haven't met the man. Best thing UConn did was get the assistant AD to WM who had seven years experience with NCAA disciplinary board. As long as she left in good standing with those still on the board she will be the best asset to minimize damage. SH and WM know how the game is played.

For UConn fans there are two issues. Kentan Facey specifically and the way the NCAA deals with British students in general. The big problem from my viewpoint is that the NCAA has not allocated an age factor to the British system. They really need to reexamine their policy. But that system has been in place for a while and now they added a new provision of sitting out a year before playing. My hope is the same as yours, a loss of one year and can play this season. It still is a travesty but probably the best that can be done until the rule is changed.

Of course the rule can be changed to fix the system and go retroactive but I don't see that happening. They only do retroactive rulings when it serves an individual power brokers purpose. Can anyone say UConn's apr situation.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
NOW is the time to make a stink. Not after the NCAA makes some idiotic decision. Besides, that doesn't change the story.

The story is that the NCAA set to punish basketball player for taking his studies seriously!
Normally I would agree with you but this situation has two elements that makes me beg to differ with you. First is that Emmert has proven himself to be a vindictive person and raising a public stink will only serve to make him dig in his heals. Second is that SH has hired the one individual (hopefully she was vetted well) that can effectively go behind the scenes and minimize the damage. I would take my chances with her but be prepared that even with her going behind the scenes to call in favors she has limitations.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The point is that with the NCAA the school's have the option to go on the offensive and set the narrative.

They don't have enough personnel in their compliance and enforcement to be on the offensive. The NCAA above all else is about self-preservation. Force a solution on to their lap and they take it every time.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The point is that with the NCAA the school's have the option to go on the offensive and set the narrative.

They don't have enough personnel in their compliance and enforcement to be on the offensive. The NCAA above all else is about self-preservation. Force a solution on to their lap and they take it every time.
That certainly worked with UCLA recently, but not with Penn State. It is not a given. And UConn does not have a lot of public cache at the moment whether this lack of cache was deserved or not.

Reaction Score
If he is not cleared it is time to sue the NCAA. UCONN would then be in the news for all the right reasons.

PE-TOOWEY!!!!!!! I spit on them.

Reaction Score

That's exactly right. And the story doesn't have to come through UConn. Friends in the press should carry the water.

Which is why you cultivate friends in the press.

Reaction Score
Let's start tweeting this story to Jay Bilas. He can add this is to his crusade against the NCAA this week
I'm not on twitter but can we please have some people tweet Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom