Extra credit: Bill Rasmussen | The Boneyard

Extra credit: Bill Rasmussen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2011/11/today-in-espn-history-1978/

Extra credit to anyone that can name the player in this photo and where it was taken.

The concepts of loyalty, honor, trust - Disney has ruined ESPN, by turning a good thing, into a parody, and as soon as Disney's current profit machine runs out of gas, I predict in a decade or so - Disney will scrap it, and move on to the next money maker, and just may have ruined college athletics along the way.

and the concepts of loyalty/trust in business - gone.

Unless a competitor arises somehow.

I don't get paid enough to figure out how to get that competitor to rise up and throw the stone that knocks Goliath down.

I find it more than ironic, that Bill Rasmussen, founder of ESPN, will be on campus tomorrow, to give a talk. Maybe it's not ironic

I wonder how UConn students will receive it. Please be respectful students, but it would be nice to send a message, by asking some seriously pointed questions.

WOuld love to hear Mr. Rasmussen's feelings on where his company is now (he's no longer in charge) and what has happened to the University that helped start it.

UConnLeads‏@UConnLeads

#ESPN Founder Bill Rasmussen will be talking at #UConn on 9.13.12 @ 4:30 in the #Student Union. Brought to u by Leadership Legacy Experience

Reaction Score
That team went 21-8, but lost to Syracuse in the NCAA tournament, the same NCAA tournament where Larry Bird and Magic Johnson ended up matched up in the finals.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Randy LeVigne

Reaction Score
First thought it was Jim Sullivan but I think Randy LaVigne had #10. We used to get there early to sit under the hoop in the background. Amazing how close to the game you were. Trying to beat Holy Cross with Ron Perry, those were the days of Tony Hanson before Coach Calhoun completely changed things.

Reaction Score
I think it is definitely Jim Sullivan. I graduated in 1982 and knew him a little bit. Had a few classes with him and he lived in Carraige house his senior year( as did I). He was a freshman in the fall semester of 1978. The picture was taken in Nov of 78, so it is Mr Jim Sullivan.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think it is definitely Jim Sullivan. I graduated in 1982 and knew him a little bit. Had a few classes with him and he lived in Carraige house his senior year( as did I). He was a freshman in the fall semester of 1978. The picture was taken in Nov of 78, so it is Mr Jim Sullivan.
What do I win? Silence from Carl I guess is it's own reward.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Looks like Corny Thompson to me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

No doubt it's Sullivan. I was lucky to get in a pick-up game with him. He was awesome. If you got open he hit you with a perfect pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom