Experts Predict 2019 5-Star Landings | The Boneyard

Experts Predict 2019 5-Star Landings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_5906.JPG

Reaction Score
I think the new coach won't do what the former coach did.

Can we please stop with the "former coach wasn't good enough so everything he did must have been wrong" crap. We didn't lose Brown because we let up on his recruitment. We lost him because his life blew up. We didn't lose Diallo because we let up on his recruitment. We lost him because he changed his mind, lied to us and wanted to go to Kentucky. Letting up on recruitment didn't cause Gilbert to lose two years to injury, Larrier to lose a year to injury and Durham and Enoch to suck.

Can we please let it go and try to let this board be tolerable again?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we please stop with the "former coach wasn't good enough so everything he did must have been wrong" crap. We didn't lose Brown because we let up on his recruitment. We lost him because his life blew up. We didn't lose Diallo because we let up on his recruitment. We lost him because he changed his mind, lied to us and wanted to go to Kentucky. Letting up on recruitment didn't cause Gilbert to lose two years to injury, Larrier to lose a year to injury and Durham and Enoch to suck.

I think you may have to wait until the former coach isn't suing us anymore or until the new coach has shown that the ship is fully righted.

Sorry, human nature.

Reaction Score
I am quite partial to HamiDoomed. Kasongoed is played out. Lets all agree HamiDoomed is aces and go with that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think you may have to wait until the former coach isn't suing us anymore or until the new coach has shown that the ship is fully righted.

Sorry, human nature.

We really do need that whole situation to end so we can all get back to being appropriately excited about the future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We really do need that whole situation to end so we can all get back to being appropriately excited about the future.
Mmm separate things, really. I'm very excited about our future. I'd also like that "whole situation" to end. They aren't mutually exclusive.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Mmm separate things, really. I'm very excited about our future. I'd also like that "whole situation" to end. They aren't mutually exclusive.

No, but the discussions here blend them together every time.

Reaction Score

Only reason I said that is because there were a few articles about recruits saying Ollie stopped communicating with them and watching them play after their commitments or leaning towards UConn.

And I'm sorry if I made you get your panties in a bunch. This is a UConn basketball message board. Are we not allowed to discuss things related to the program?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only reason I said that is because there were a few articles about recruits saying Ollie stopped communicating with them and watching them after their commitments or leaning towards UConn.

And I'm sorry if I made you get your panties in a bunch. This is a UConn basketball message board. Are we not allowed to discuss things related to the program?
He absolutely took the foot off the gas and didn't want to put in the requisite work on the trail, nothing wrong with what you said.

C

Chief00

We will never know with certainty, but I think we lost Diallo because we didn’t close strong and earlier.
Effectively, that failure was the end of any possibility the KO and GM relationship could be put back on the tracks. GM had reassured KO repeatedly we were in great shape. I always thought GM wrongly actually believed that. Others thought he was covering up his screw-up for as long as he could.
BL is correct that by the end Diallo wanted UK.
Then once he was lost after having one of the most exciting official visits ever - poring over the class catalog with GM at the hotel - the rumor appeared that other head coaches attended more of Disllo’s games than KO. Was that an intent by GM to deflect blame? I could quote someone second hand - but that would be hearsay and who would stoop to that? .

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We will never know with certainty, but I think we lost Diallo because we didn’t close strong and earlier.
Effectively, that failure was the end of any possibility the KO and GM relationship could be put back on the tracks. GM had reassured KO repeatedly we were in great shape. I always thought GM wrongly actually believed that. Others thought he was covering up his screw-up for as long as he could.
BL is correct that by the end Diallo wanted UK.
Then once he was lost after having one of the most exciting official visits ever - poring over the class catalog with GM at the hotel - the rumor appeared that other head coaches attended more of Disllo’s games than KO. Was that an intent by GM to deflect blame? I could quote someone second hand - but that would be hearsay and who would stoop to that? .

Just speculation, but Diallo was reported to be on campus regularly and in communications with the players. The same players who ended up transferring or threatened to transfer and otherwise commented on the environment. What are the chances that he really wanted to come to UConn, but knew, better than any other recruit would, that it was a complete show? I’d have gone to UK too if I was him.

C

Chief00

Just speculation, but Diallo was reported to be on campus regularly and in communications with the players. The same players who ended up transferring or threatened to transfer and otherwise commented on the environment. What are the chances that he really wanted to come to UConn, but knew, better than any other recruit would, that it was a complete show? I’d have gone to UK too if I was him.
Very fair point. I am sure that played a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom