Expectations going forward for the program | The Boneyard

Expectations going forward for the program

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Let me start out by saying that none of us knows what our final record will be this year. However, I don't think we will be worse than 4-8, and I think there is an outside shot for us to make a bowl game.

Starting next year, I believe the expectation should be to at least make a bowl game. Without knowing how good every team will be next year, my guess is that we are a 6-6 or 7-5 team.

The way we schedule (4 P5, Army, UMass, FCS, smattering of other G5) gives us the opportunity to win up to 9-10 games in a given season going forward. There will probably be 2-3 games that we will be heavy dogs in most years going forward, but if Mora continues to guide the train on the tracks, I think this program can get back to Big East winning levels.

If we do that, we become a very attractive property for the ACC in the future should there be more conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Let me start out by saying that none of us knows what our final record will be this year. However, I don't think we will be worse than 4-8, and I think there is an outside shot for us to make a bowl game.

Starting next year, I believe the expectation should be to at least make a bowl game. Without knowing how good every team will be next year, my guess is that we are a 6-6 or 7-5 team.

The way we schedule (4 P5, Army, UMass, FCS, smattering of other G5) gives us the opportunity to win up to 9-10 games in a given season going forward. There will probably be 2-3 games that we will be heavy dogs in most years going forward, but if Mora continues to guide the train on the tracks, I think this program can get back to Big East winning levels.

If we do that, we become a very attractive property for the ACC in the future should there be more conference realignment.
That’s the plan

Reaction Score
I’ll be happy if we are at 30k+ fans for any of our remaining 2022 home games… winning helps

Reaction Score
I’ll be happy if we are at 30k+ fans for any of our remaining 2022 home games… winning helps
I'd be ecstatic. Maybe for BC with a Ball State win and a bye week's worth of hard work by the powers that be. Still maybe if all that is true.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think the expectation for the remainder of the season is be competitive and at minimum beat UMass.

That would give me some hope that Mora has turned the program around enough to have making bowls a regular baseline for the program. Given how we've set up our schedules that seems to be a realistic plan .

Reaction Score
I think the expectation for the remainder of the season is be competitive and at minimum beat UMass.

That would give me some hope that Mora has turned the program around enough to have making bowls a regular baseline for the program. Given how we've set up our schedules that seems to be a realistic plan .
We should really beat Army too. Our run defense has been solid all year and I'd expect Mora to scheme against it properly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We should really beat Army too. Our run defense has been solid all year and I'd expect Mora to scheme against it properly.

I think that we play them off our bye week too. Should help as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom