Expect Plenty of Action on Staff Now | The Boneyard

Expect Plenty of Action on Staff Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last week Bobby boy said he wanted prospective coaches to be able to enjoy the holidays with their families. Several of the coaching positions were posted online with very specific and unique qualifications.

No one in college football coaching is going to prioritize New Year's as a holiday over building a staff.

By Monday or Tuesday I suspect we'll have coordinators in place in the rest of the staff will quickly fill in after that.

Reaction Score
I thought Diaco had mentioned the week of the 6th of January as the time he would buckle down.

Reaction Score
I hope Diaco is recruiting hard and not "enjoying the holidays" now that he has his head coach job locked up.

Reaction Score
I hope Diaco is recruiting hard and not "enjoying the holidays" now that he has his head coach job locked up.

His career and butt are big time on the line....Can't picture him, a former linebacker.- sitting back enjoying the holidays -I picture him taking the action and offensive ". He mentioned letting his "staff" enjoy the "Holidays".
I inferred that it didn't include him, other than the 24th and 25th, taking time. Expect that even on those days, if he has people already in place, which we have all inferred given the "unique" job qualifications posted, that the plans were in the works as to definitive plans of attack ....or so I would like to think and hope....

Reaction Score

Aren't unlimited emails/text messages, or just text messages, allowed during the dead period?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm sure the coaches fingers are very tired from dialing these days.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I read the OP as relating to him waiting to interview candidates for the Staff until after Christmas, or possibly New Years. Not about the contact period or recruiting efforts for players.

Reaction Score
When Diaco was asked about a staff during his presser one of the things he talked about was loyalty. With the specific qualifications that has been written into the job postings I would say it is safe to assume they are targeted at specific people that he has asked to be on his staff. I think it says a LOT about the loyalty of the people he has asked that there are ZERO leaks so far as to who will be on his staff. It also says a lot about how Wm operates his athletic department.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
When Diaco was asked about a staff during his presser one of the things he talked about was loyalty. With the specific qualifications that has been written into the job postings I would say it is safe to assume they are targeted at specific people that he has asked to be on his staff. I think it says a LOT about the loyalty of the people he has asked that there are ZERO leaks so far as to who will be on his staff. It also says a lot about how Wm operates his athletic department.
Agree. I also took note of the word loyal/loyalty when he was asked about staffing. It lead me to believe loyalty was a key criteria and he either knew then who would be on staff, or he had a short list of people he would ask. The job postings pretty much sealed it. I think it's pretty safe to assume that most of the key staff members will be those he's either played and/or coached with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom