Expansion Rumors site profiles UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would Penn State really block UCONN?

Reaction Score
I know you guys have talked about it endlessly, but, BC doesn't have enough stroke to block UConn from the ACC, IMHO. Their old AD was doing nothing more than posturing, because thats all he could do.

I hope that writer is correct, and, that you'll be in the ACC. And, sooner than 2016.

Reaction Score
Would Penn State really block UCONN?

I do not see why they would. UConn gives them another eastern rival,which is something they were worried about before this past fall.

Not to mention, it gives the B1G an overwhelming advantage in northeastern/New England TV markets.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I do not see why they would. UConn gives them another eastern rival,which is something they were worried about before this past fall.

Not to mention, it gives the B1G an overwhelming advantage in northeastern/New England TV markets.

I don't think they would either but I was curious if other people knew something that I didn't.

Dooley

Reaction Score
There's deep-seated hatred that goes back generations between people who swear by the UConn Dairy Bar and those who swear by the Penn State Creamery.

Middle East conflicts come and go, but ice cream wars are forever.

Dairy Bar. I hear the Penn State Creamery is made with illegal Amish raw milk.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I know you guys have talked about it endlessly, but, BC doesn't have enough stroke to block UConn from the ACC, IMHO. Their old AD was doing nothing more than posturing, because thats all he could do.

I hope that writer is correct, and, that you'll be in the ACC. And, sooner than 2016.
It's not surprising the NC-centric POV is that Tobacco Road holds all the cards. The yard council acknowledges the ambassador from NC and thanks him for his view. We will now go back to hating the benedict arnolds from chestnut hill and blaming them for the otherwise inexplicable ACC oversight of the college basketball Mecca that is Storrs, CT.

Reaction Score

Can't disagree with you more on this. The new AD got the knives out against UConn again and Duke and UNC's top guys were incredulous. The old AD is gone, the new AD is the same. Anyone who has been on a university committee knows that you don't go against someone else when their vested interests are at stake. Things only bog down when you have competing interests.

Reaction Score
Can't disagree with you more on this. The new AD got the knives out against UConn again and Duke and UNC's top guys were incredulous. The old AD is gone, the new AD is the same. Anyone who has been on a university committee knows that you don't go against someone else when their vested interests are at stake. Things only bog down when you have competing interests.

I don't see how it's in BC's best interest to block UConn, being an outlier in the ACC has not been good for them. Adding Syracuse may help, but adding UConn would help a lot more.

Reaction Score
I don't see how it's in BC's best interest to block UConn, being an outlier in the ACC has not been good for them. Adding Syracuse may help, but adding UConn would help a lot more.

What would help them would be to watch UConn die so that it could take more talent in the region.

Reaction Score

What happened to BC basketball when UConn got good?
Answer: it tanked.

Reaction Score
What would help them would be to watch UConn die so that it could take more talent in the region.

If UConn dies there is no guarantee that the talent would go to BC. The best thing for BC is beating UConn on the field/court and forming a rivalry.

Reaction Score
What happened to BC basketball when UConn got good?
Answer: it tanked.

UConn's emergence was not the only reason BC tanked. BC's athletic dept. has made some mistakes, blocking UConn was one of them.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If UConn dies there is no guarantee that the talent would go to BC. The best thing for BC is beating UConn on the field/court and forming a rivalry.
While I believe this to be a true statement, I think you'll find little agreement on Chestnut Hill. They've stated in the past that they want to figuratively crush us and take the crown as New England's team. They have failed, repeatedly. Hopefully the new regime has more sense.

Reaction Score
While I believe this to be a true statement, I think you'll find little agreement on Chestnut Hill. They've stated in the past that they want to figuratively crush us and take the crown as New England's team. They have failed, repeatedly. Hopefully the new regime has more sense.

If BC thinks that way they will be irrelevant. We are not talking about world conquest, where eliminating your enemies makes you stronger. We are talking about college sports, where having a hated rival is a good thing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Need no convincing here, blue hen! :)

Reaction Score

I admit, I have not heard the new AD's comments.

If BC did not learn from GDF's foot-in-mouth misstep, they will never learn. Carolina and Duke thrive as neighbors, and, rivals. And, when NC State is good at the same time, the Research Triangle Rivalries are even more intense, and, fun.

How or why the folks in Chestnut Hill want to miss out on something like that in their own backyard makes no sense to me.

Reaction Score

No, it has not been good for them. Nobody currently in the ACC will ever see them as a true rival, in the way that UConn would. Or, in the way that they should see UConn. That they're so willingly blind about it tells me all I need to know about their leadership.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I admit, I have not heard the new AD's comments.

If BC did not learn from GDF's foot-in-mouth misstep, they will never learn. Carolina and Duke thrive as neighbors, and, rivals. And, when NC State is good at the same time, the Research Triangle Rivalries are even more intense, and, fun.

How or why the folks in Chestnut Hill want to miss out on something like that in their own backyard makes no sense to me.
I thought the new BC AD was buds with Warde. Not that it will benefit UConn. The SU AD, cockbag Dr gross, was lobbying against UConn and for UL.

Reaction Score
UConn's emergence was not the only reason BC tanked. BC's athletic dept. has made some mistakes, blocking UConn was one of them.

That is exactly right. They made a mess of what was a decent FB program. Firing Jags, and, replacing him with Spaz, was a monumental mistake. BC competed well in the ACC with O'Brien and Jags as HC. Spaz undid all of their good work in four short years. Basketball-wise, after their first two ACC seasons, they've disappeared.

BC's problems are of their own making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul