Exhibition Game | The Boneyard

Exhibition Game

Reaction Score
Not that I'm complaining....but why do we only have 1 Exhibition game this year. This is the first year I can remember with only one. We usually have one at Gampel and one at XL?

Reaction Score
Not that I'm complaining....but why do we only have 1 Exhibition game this year. This is the first year I can remember with only one. We usually have one at Gampel and one at XL?
Because NCAA only allows two preseason exhibition games against other colleges. If you want to make it open to the public, you need to play against a team from a lower division. If you want to play another division one team, it needs to be closed from the public and media. So, Hurley opted for a secret scrimmage with Harvard instead of an exhibition against a D2 or lower team.

Reaction Score
interesting that the school wanted to forgo the additional revenue of the exhibition game

Reaction Score
interesting that the school wanted to forgo the additional revenue of the exhibition game
Hurley called the secret scrimmage the most important part of the preseason. He likes to prep the team with heavier competition I guess. If it helps the team get better I'm all for it. Probably more important than selling 8k tickets

Reaction Score
Hurley called the secret scrimmage the most important part of the preseason. He likes to prep the team with heavier competition I guess. If it helps the team get better I'm all for it. Probably more important than selling 8k tickets
I agree with Hurley to prep the team with better competition. Smart move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom