Excited about Next Year | The Boneyard

Excited about Next Year

Reaction Score
As long as nobody transfers out and we can bring in a big man post grad transfer I see us having a top 20 team...

We don't have one underclassman who would get drafted so I don't see anyone leaving for the draft...

Just breakdown by guards, wings, and post players;

J. Adams- JR.
A. Gilbert- FR.
C. Vital- SO.
M. Langford- FR.

T. Larrier- SO.
V. Jackson- SO.
T. Polley- FR.

S. Enoch- JR.
J. Durham- SO.
J. Carlton- FR.
M. Diarra- FR.

Like I said if we could add a post grad transfer big man post player I think we could have a big season.

With Adams, Gilbert, & Langford this team is going to be super fast and will have three ballhandlers who can all get to the rim.

Vital & Jackson should give us perimeter shooting and Larrier hopefully he comes back from injury and he will give us a little bit of everything like he was in the beginning of this year.

One thing that KO's team's never lose no matter how many players go down with an injury is the team's defensive integrity, once again this year a top defensive team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Regardless of all the KO bashers - first and foremost we need KO back
I look at your list Ebonz and I too get excited. Its strange to see no SR. attached to anyone's name
I am surprised no one has slayed you on the top defensive team comment. While I think this team has progressed nicely on the defensive end, I would hesitate to use the adjective top.
A lot of posters killed the team for the 3 point defense yesterday, but its hard to guard a team that has 5 guys who can hit the 3
That is one area that I am concerned about next year - this team not only needs an experienced defensive minded 5 but it needs at least 2 guys that can hoist a 3 with confidence. I really thought that VJ was going to be that guy but didn't like the fact that he was hesitant yesterday when the opportunity afforded itself. Not sure CV is the answer and with Larrier, its hot and cold. IF JA is going to be the point, I'm not sure I want him being the one to throw up 3's, his game is driving and taking it to the hole and/or dishing it out.
I am positive that both Larrier and AG will recover fully from their injuries and be hungry - AG especially - he is a determined and hungry competitor
It's nice to talk about a bright future rather than ragging on the coach and team about the unfortunate present

Sorry guys, a huge Gmen fan but I am for the Pats in respect for my late father and brother - I put a Pats balloon on their graves this morning

Reaction Score
I look at your list Ebonz and I too get excited. Its strange to see no SR. attached to anyone's name
I am surprised no one has slayed you on the top defensive team comment. While I think this team has progressed nicely on the defensive end, I would hesitate to use the adjective top.
A lot of posters killed the team for the 3 point defense yesterday, but its hard to guard a team that has 5 guys who can hit the 3
That is one area that I am concerned about next year - this team not only needs an experienced defensive minded 5 but it needs at least 2 guys that can hoist a 3 with confidence. I really thought that VJ was going to be that guy but didn't like the fact that he was hesitant yesterday when the opportunity afforded itself. Not sure CV is the answer and with Larrier, its hot and cold. IF JA is going to be the point, I'm not sure I want him being the one to throw up 3's, his game is driving and taking it to the hole and/or dishing it out.
I am positive that both Larrier and AG will recover fully from their injuries and be hungry - AG especially - he is a determined and hungry competitor
It's nice to talk about a bright future rather than ragging on the coach and team about the unfortunate present

Sorry guys, a huge Gmen fan but I am for the Pats in respect for my late father and brother - I put a Pats balloon on their graves this morning

Nothing but respect for that gtcam nicely done! God Bless

Reaction Score
Second!

Classy move !!!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I see Jackson, Vital, Adams and a bunch of question marks.
I was excited for next year 4 games into the season. +
I agree on the question marks. Wondering how the injuries will next year. I see camps galore for this team. Although Enoch has had his moments he needs to really step up next year. New arrivals will have to blend quickly. I am really on board for a big man. I don't care where he comes from.

Reaction Score
I agreee need one more shooter and of course the grad big. But could be a real nice team.

Cannot count Diarra and Rique as locks due to health. Fill all scholarships!!! (Two left don't want any HS reaches for sake of filling them)

Reaction Score
The depth at 1-3 is really reason for excitement. Let's give JA the benefit of the doubt on his outside shot improvement as we've seen huge strides from Kemba and plenty of others going from their sophomore to junior seasons. That seems to be the summer that sees huge jumps from star players.

I completely agree that all avenues for a big need to be exhausted, and there's no reason not to use all schollies on depth up front. Diarra and Durham have to be question marks, Enoch's lack of court awareness and avoiding foul trouble after two seasons is troubling. The team should be quick and exciting but an answer or two at the 4 and 5 will make or break the season.

Reaction Score
Questions are how will TL and AG fit with JA and Jackson?

Will Diallo be explosive small Power still?
Will TL be explosive and plant and cut?
Will AG still hustle for the ball and reach for it?

What will we get from the post?
Rim protection?
Could be top 20. Could verywell not be.

Reaction Score
Questions are how will TL and AG fit with JA and Jackson?

Will Diallo be explosive small Power still?
Will TL be explosive and plant and cut?
Will AG still hustle for the ball and reach for it?

What will we get from the post?
Rim protection?
Could be top 20. Could verywell not be.
Wishful thinking on Diallo. I'd be happy with Diarra holding up well and pulling down boards.

Reaction Score
I am concerned about current players transferring?

What's the word on campus?

We bring everyone back and add a grad transfer= BIG YEAR

Reaction Score
I am concerned about current players transferring?

What's the word on campus?

We bring everyone back and add a grad transfer= BIG YEAR
Who do you think would transfer?

Reaction Score
I would say Adams, Vital and Larrier.

VJ has been widely inconsistent and wouldn't be playing right now if Larrier was healthy. He's scored 18 points in the last 5 games.

Hopefully SE can be more consistent. Zero idea on Durham and whether he'll regain any form and remotely look like a 5 * player.

I think MAL & AG will be good. Hopefully Diarra is healthy. Carlton sounds like he has potential, but will it take a season or 2? No idea on Polley, his ranking is dropping faster than Trump's approval rating.

I see Jackson, Vital, Adams and a bunch of question marks.

Reaction Score
Is Enoch injured? because seeing him for limited minutes at this point in the season is not a good sign. Durham is pulling time over Steve so what does that say about next year? He is supposed to be our big body and will we once again have a void in the middle?I know we have a lot of talent here and coming back next year and I know that over the summer development is what we all want for Enoch and I have been a proponent of giving him the floor time but the question remains, is he our starting center? He has a lot to work with offensively so does everyone think he can defend well enough next year? Let's look in to a crystal ball. I don't buy in to the theory that we can do this without a decent quality big man when Brimah and Facey are gone.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Next year starts now.
Nah. We've still got a shot at winning the AAC tourney, and if not that we've still got a shot at the NIT. And I want to win the NIT if we're in it.

These kids haven't given up on the season and neither should we.

Reaction Score
Nah. We've still got a shot at winning the AAC tourney, and if not that we've still got a shot at the NIT. And I want to win the NIT if we're in it.

These kids haven't given up on the season and neither should we.

Exactly , build some momentum going into next year.

Reaction Score
Let's just keep winning, Kevin Ollie has done a masterful job down the stretch with this team...

I will take 3-2 with the final 5 games, anything better than that is gravy and just another reason why Mr. Ollie and Uconn as a program is elite.

@Temple
@Houston
SMU
@East Carolina
Cincinnati

To put things in perspective go take a look at some other teams with injuries or suspensions;

Oklahoma
Saint Joseph's
Texas
Indiana
Oregon St.

Indiana is the only team even over .500, the rest of those teams are not even close with Texas at 10-17 being the closest to a .500 record.

BIG PROPS to coach Ollie and the healthy players on Uconn with the attitude and ability to continue to fight no matter what the circumstances are.

Reaction Score
Who is to say at least one of these kids does not get bad info and try to go into the draft too...try to get big money asap kind of thing...

Oregon St. has never really been that good. They had a few okay seasons but are generally always under .500

Reaction Score
Unless we get a grad transfer, or someone who is otherwise immediately eligible to be a clog underneath, I don't see how we have THAT. Good a season.

Great guard play 1-3 and sometimes at the 4 if going small can take you pretty far, but to be elite, we need that big body to score 6 a game, NOT FOUL (looking at you Enoch), and play some defense.

Maybe that guy is Durham if he can pack on 20 lbs? He's shown great moves but doesn't have the strength yet

Reaction Score
I'm not nearly as optimistic.

Adams isn't a slam dunk to come back. Great recruiting class but who hangs out and sticks with it... I just see too many question marks for me to be ok with saying we'll be good next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom