Excellent rules changes proposed for WBB | The Boneyard

Excellent rules changes proposed for WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The advancing of the ball is great for the women's game but I would hate to see it in the men's game. The NBA is a good product but a game winner off an advance just seems so staged to me and some of the NCAA's signature moments come off of last second full court plays, would hate to see that go.

Reaction Score
Hate the advancement to half court of the ball. Hate Hate. How about under ten seconds, a team can take a timeout, then take an uncontested game winner from wherever the defense chooses. So Stupid. Wherever the ball goes out of bounds is where it should be inbounded.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
"In an effort to improve the overall fan experience, the committee recommended bands or amplified music may be played during any dead-ball situation. Current rules allow music to be played only during timeouts and intermission."

Don't like this. The dead ball throw-in is reserved for our fan who starts the "UConn ... Huskies" chant at most women's games.

Reaction Score
I like the NBA rule to take the BB out at half court. Coaches can really work on set plays with 3 seconds left. Trying to goes full court almost never works.

Reaction Score
"In an effort to improve the overall fan experience, the committee recommended bands or amplified music may be played during any dead-ball situation. Current rules allow music to be played only during timeouts and intermission."

Don't like this. The dead ball throw-in is reserved for our fan who starts the "UConn ... Huskies" chant at most women's games.

This wasn't enforced when I was in college. We used to play right up until the ball was put in bounds, and I'd often start right back up when the ball went back out, especially during the standing before the first basket. It was a lot more fun.

Reaction Score
I like the NBA rule to take the BB out at half court. Coaches can really work on set plays with 3 seconds left. Trying to goes full court almost never works.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of how far you can advance it in the NBA, but I think halfcourt would be great.

Reaction Score
There is nothing more exciting - in any sport - than when one team hits a shot to go ahead with say, five seconds left, and the other team has to immediately inbound the ball and sprint back up the court to beat the buzzer.

The NBA is going to provide better scoring opportunities, but to me, seeing some kid go coast to coast to beat the buzzer is the most exciting play in basketball (which brings me to another point - too many coaches call timeout in those situations and allow the opponent to set their defense).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There is nothing more exciting - in any sport - than when one team hits a shot to go ahead with say, five seconds left, and the other team has to immediately inbound the ball and sprint back up the court to beat the buzzer.

The NBA is going to provide better scoring opportunities, but to me, seeing some kid go coast to coast to beat the buzzer is the most exciting play in basketball (which brings me to another point - too many coaches call timeout in those situations and allow the opponent to set their defense).
Scottie Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky