Excellent post from a UConn fan on another board... | The Boneyard

Excellent post from a UConn fan on another board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
This warrants repeating:

"UConn is the only founding (Big East) member who has not walked away from the conference as of today. It is the only school left.

It also plays in all of the sports that the Big East sponsors. And it owns as many men's BB nc's as the rest of the conference combined.

No school has given more to the Big East since 1979 than UConn."

At the very least, this means that WE are just as much the Big East conference as the C7 are claiming to be. And at the most: if those schools want that name, Herbst & Co. better make them pay top dollar for it - in large, unmarked bills left by a dumpster outside Gampel Pavillion.

Hell, I've got scissors and some old magazines lying around - I'll write the request letter for them if they'll let me...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I want UConn and whoever to keep the name and MSG. A conference of UConn, Cinci, Temple and Memphis is better than the C7. If the Fox deal of 500 million over 12 years for the C7 is accurate, then the BE football group should generate more and holding onto MSG should be a bump.

Reaction Score
UConn should take a page out of the ever so ridiculous Syracuse book on PR and proclaim itself "MSGs College Team". I want billboards, commercials, hell even a patch if need be. Also, the men and women should play a high profile double header ie the men vs kentucky or duke, women vs stanford or baylor, as well as 2 or 3 other non conference games.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UConn should take a page out of the ever so ridiculous Syracuse book on PR and proclaim itself "MSGs College Team". I want billboards, commercials, hell even a patch if need be. Also, the men and women should play a high profile double header ie the men vs kentucky or duke, women vs stanford or baylor, as well as 2 or 3 other non conference games.
This will only work if we also begin selling T-Shirts to commemorate every game we play.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
If you want to be bigtime, you've got to really believe you are bigtime. Act like it! Isn't that a big part of what JC has been teaching his kids the last 25 years?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't sell the name now that Boise is gone. It's a mostly East Coast conference now, and with Creighton, Marquette, Butler, St Louis and DePaul as probable CYO7 members, the current BE set-up is as much East Coast as the CYO7.

Unless the name is worth $30 million, I say NO.

Reaction Score
The only reason we have not walked away is we haven't got an invite

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
and your point is?

My point is the only reason we haven't walked away is we haven't got an invite. How clear can I be? I don't even know where your quote came from but my response is quite clear.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My point is the only reason we haven't walked away is we haven't got an invite. How clear can I be? I don't even know where your quote came from but my response is quite clear.
The only reason that it is easier to see in the day than in the night is because it is sunnier. I get that what you said is accurate, I don't understand why you stating the obvious. I'm not taking a shot at you, I just don't undertand the point that you are trying to make.

Reaction Score
If you want to be bigtime, you've got to really believe you are bigtime. Act like it! Isn't that a big part of what JC has been teaching his kids the last 25 years?
The problem is we are not big time (football). We can act like it but that would only get us chuckles.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The problem is we are not big time (football). We can act like it but that would only get us chuckles.
Let them laugh. Let them pi$$ themselves. They're gonna do that anyway.

We have nothing to lose. Having nothing to lose is incredibly empowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom