Excellent article on Paige's rehab from the Athletic | The Boneyard

Excellent article on Paige's rehab from the Athletic

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was just about to post this as well. It is a great read and gives insight to a side of Paige we don't normally get to see.

Just a reminder, if you were reading this on your iPhone tap the a in the upper left-hand corner and then tap "show reader" and you should be able to see the article.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Many a game day, Bueckers returned to her room and watched her old game films. “Just to remind myself how it was and who I was,’’ she says. “You have FOMO, and nobody really talks about that part. It’s not even envy or jealousy. It’s just you want to be out there with them. Those are your teammates and you love them, and you want to have success, and be a part of it and you just have to sit on the sidelines.”
IMG_0455.jpeg

IMG_0454.jpeg

Reaction Score
The article focus on the mental challenges she faces and raises question of whether she will be able to play with the ferocity she has had in he past. Also mentions recent data showing that good nutrition and sleep habits are more important for female athletes than males in terms of protection against injuries. Paige has modified her behaviors to account for that by tucking in earlier, using blue light glasses when on line. Her weight is up from 140 in early days to 153. She has missed the competition and wept over not being able to play in the TN game. Other gems that i will post when i am able to re read the article.

Reaction Score
The article focus on the mental challenges she faces and raises question of whether she will be able to play with the ferocity she has had in he past. Also mentions recent data showing that good nutrition and sleep habits are more important for female athletes than males in terms of protection against injuries. Paige has modified her behaviors to account for that by tucking in earlier, using blue light glasses when on line. Her weight is up from 140 in early days to 153. She has missed the competition and wept over not being able to play in the TN game. Other gems that i will post when i am able to re read the article.
Tennessee game was great. Lou kinda had a statement game. I liked the article but I feel like the athletic wrote a similar one last year prior to her injury.

sun

Reaction Score
I was able to read the article by pasting its URL into the searchbox on the page below & then clicking on the date.

Reaction Score
Tennessee game was great. Lou kinda had a statement game. I liked the article but I feel like the athletic wrote a similar one last year prior to her injury.
this is the article I was referencing from last year which said she had gained 10 pounds.

Reaction Score
this is the article I was referencing from last year which said she had gained 10 pounds.

My bad for over-posting. Just one more note. It has been discussed but there are two different heights for PB cited, 14 months apart. IDK what type of journalism was done (author probably doesn't understand the implications of the one inch height difference on uconn message boards. jk).
'
July 2022 - Charlotte Carroll
1697509844052.png

Oct 2023 - Dana O'Neil

1697509688426.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have always thought Paige was six feet tall... but didn't want to claim that, so listed at 5'11"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Another article that requires a paid subscription? :(
Forgo 1 coffee, once a month (and that's a Cumby or 7-11 or Wawa coffee. If you're doing Dunkin' or Starbucks it's 1 coffee every 2-3 months). The Athletic is probably the best bang for your buck of any subscription out there.

Reaction Score
Paige isn't like other players when the pressure is on. Most people feel pressure and it has a negative effect on their ability to be their best while a few, like Paige, just get hyper focused and actually are more effective when the pressure is on. I am also very confident in her health now that she has had the knee repaired properly and has been fully rehabbed. I think she will remind us early and often why she won the POY as a Frosh.

Reaction Score
Just happy she's ready to go, physically and especially mentally. With the roster UConn has, the improvements players like Edwards and Muhl made last season, I can't wait to see what this team does when games finally tip off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom