Ex-UConn stars love freshman Williams' confidence | The Boneyard

Ex-UConn stars love freshman Williams' confidence

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

"Five former Huskies -- all All-Americans and multiple national champions in their time in Storrs -- had Williams' back when asked what they thought of the prediction during their stops at Mohegan Sun Arena in July."
Breanna Stewart said. "Coming into UConn that's what you need -- those kind of visions, those kind of goals. She has the rest of the summer and the preseason to prepare herself to go after it. Coach Auriemma will do his best to make sure that she lives up to it."
Morgan Tuck said. "You should have that expectation," "Anyone that goes to UConn is expecting to win a championship. For her to say it, I think it's just putting it out there and I hope she and they can do it. "You don't want to put your goals short," Tuck said. "It's good to say it, but I hope Christyn puts the work in and understands what it's going to take. If she doesn't, she'll learn quickly."
Sue Bird said. "UConn is its own little monster," "That's the expectation and they've made it look easy. Eleven national championships can make it look easier than it is. "Unfortunately for her freshman class," Bird added with a laugh, "she's going to find out how hard it is really quick.
Bria Hartley said. "The goal is always a national championship at UConn," "I don't see any problem with saying that."
Diana Taurasi said "I think she's a bold and confident young lady." But why not? That's the reason you go to UConn -- to win championships. Whether she says it or not, that's the expectation."

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

"Five former Huskies -- all All-Americans and multiple national champions in their time in Storrs -- had Williams' back when asked what they thought of the prediction during their stops at Mohegan Sun Arena in July."
Breanna Stewart said. "Coming into UConn that's what you need -- those kind of visions, those kind of goals. She has the rest of the summer and the preseason to prepare herself to go after it. Coach Auriemma will do his best to make sure that she lives up to it."
Morgan Tuck said. "You should have that expectation," "Anyone that goes to UConn is expecting to win a championship. For her to say it, I think it's just putting it out there and I hope she and they can do it. "You don't want to put your goals short," Tuck said. "It's good to say it, but I hope Christyn puts the work in and understands what it's going to take. If she doesn't, she'll learn quickly."
Sue Bird said. "UConn is its own little monster," "That's the expectation and they've made it look easy. Eleven national championships can make it look easier than it is. "Unfortunately for her freshman class," Bird added with a laugh, "she's going to find out how hard it is really quick.
Bria Hartley said. "The goal is always a national championship at UConn," "I don't see any problem with saying that."
Diana Taurasi said "I think she's a bold and confident young lady." But why not? That's the reason you go to UConn -- to win championships. Whether she says it or not, that's the expectation."

See Milford, it's not just us. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom