Ex-UConn star Moore goes high when talking Tennessee's lows | The Boneyard

Ex-UConn star Moore goes high when talking Tennessee's lows

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

After basketball Maya Moore should enter the diplomatic corp.
"Oh, man," Moore said Friday. "I haven't thought too much on it with everything going on with our season. But I'm sure it's going to be exciting. Anytime we can create a new chapter in a story is always fun to see because of the history there. I'm sure it will create some fun games."

"I don't know," Moore said. "I don't know what it would have been like when I was there. We have some good memories against some other teams that became in a sense something like a rivalry. A new history will be created with this one."

"I try not to pay too much attention," she said. "People, unfortunately, when it comes to sports sometimes take liberties to say things that don't have any substance to them. I understand it, but it's not helpful for the people on the receiving end. Again, I don't know who said what. It's not like it's a person that I'm associating anything with. But there was a point in the recruiting process, after everything was said and done, that wasn't graceful. But, again, I haven't thought about that in years."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And is both an unselfish player, who can and will shoulder the load when needed. Maya is a very together person, really the complete package.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

After basketball Maya Moore should enter the diplomatic corp.
"Oh, man," Moore said Friday. "I haven't thought too much on it with everything going on with our season. But I'm sure it's going to be exciting. Anytime we can create a new chapter in a story is always fun to see because of the history there. I'm sure it will create some fun games."

"I don't know," Moore said. "I don't know what it would have been like when I was there. We have some good memories against some other teams that became in a sense something like a rivalry. A new history will be created with this one."

"I try not to pay too much attention," she said. "People, unfortunately, when it comes to sports sometimes take liberties to say things that don't have any substance to them. I understand it, but it's not helpful for the people on the receiving end. Again, I don't know who said what. It's not like it's a person that I'm associating anything with. But there was a point in the recruiting process, after everything was said and done, that wasn't graceful. But, again, I haven't thought about that in years."

Perhaps if others had the style, grace and diplomacy that Maya has, maybe the events of 12 years ago never happen. Not one hint of bitterness or sarcasm. Maya is class personified. Her mom raised her well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Perhaps if others had the style, grace and diplomacy that Maya has, maybe the events of 12 years ago never happen. Maya is class personified. Her mom raised her well.
... style, grace and diplomacy? Geno? :):rolleyes:
rotfl.gif

Carnac

Reaction Score
... style, grace and diplomacy? Geno? :):rolleyes:
rotfl.gif

No. Her mom raised her, and laid the the foundation (within the scope and doctrines of her faith) that Maya has embraced and grown up under that umbrella.

Geno had her for 4 years, and along with CD, also had an influence on her psychological and physical development. Her mom has been mentoring and nurturing her for 29. Mom is still very much involved in her daily life. The leaf seldom falls far from the tree. She is her mother's child, and momma is very proud!!! ;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
No. Her mom raised her, and laid the the foundation (within the scope and doctrines of her faith) that Maya has embraced and grown up with.
Geno had her for 4 years, and along with CD, also had an influence on her psychological and physical development. Her mom has been mentoring and nurturing her for 29. Mom is still very much involved in her daily life. The leaf seldom falls far from the tree. She is her mother's child, and momma is very proud!!! ;)

I was referring to Geno "having" the qualities of style, grace and diplomacy independent of Maya. Maya 's mother's influence on her is thoroughly documented.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Courant joins the party: Maya Moore Doesn't Harbor Resentment When It Comes To Tennessee; Excited To See Rivalry Renewed

“I try not to pay too much attention,” said Moore, who now plays for the WNBA’s Minnesota Lynx. “People, unfortunately when it comes to sports, sometimes take liberties to say things that don’t have any substance to them, and I understand it, but it’s not helpful for people on the receiving end. Again, I don’t know who said what. There’s not a person I’m associating anything with, but there was a point in the recruiting process after everything was said and done where it wasn’t graceful. But again, I haven’t thought about that in ages.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What is galling about this is the Pat was the pot calling the kettle black when it came to recruiting. There was a documentary of her program a while back ... quite a while back, that made no bones about Pat's ruthless and at least questionable recruiting practices back in the days when she was wracking up the talent and the wins and other coaches were frankly scared of her. Eventually Pat became convinced of her preeminence and tenn's entitlement. Along comes Geno. I figure she figured Geno was using her dirty tricks on her, otherwise how could Tenn lose a recruiting war?

Carnac

Reaction Score
I was referring to Geno "having" the qualities of style, grace and diplomacy independent of Maya. Maya 's mother's influence on her is thoroughly documented.

I misread your comment with respect to its intent. The question marks through me off. :confused: Fans of Geno and the program would unequivocally agree with your comment. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom