Ot - Ex Penn State Defensive Coord Charged | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ot - Ex Penn State Defensive Coord Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
a 10yr old boy in the shower with a grown a** man... is a no-no (even if you take out all the anal & oral crap)

If you knew about a situation wouldnt you be curious to know what "ever happened to that rumor about sexual abuse". Even in small talk this is a juicy topic at the water cooler.

JoePa continued to pace the sidelines with his defensive coord and never "wondered" what ever happen to those allegations.

BLIND EYE in my opinion.

JoePa is the BOSS even if he has people above him... his follow-thru was horrible!

Reaction Score
a 10yr old boy in the shower with a grown a** man... is a no-no (even if you take out all the anal & oral crap)

If you knew about a situation wouldnt you be curious to know what "ever happened to that rumor about sexual abuse". Even in small talk this is a juicy topic at the water cooler.

JoePa continued to pace the sidelines with his defensive coord and never "wondered" what ever happen to those allegations.

BLIND EYE in my opinion.

JoePa is the BOSS even if he has people above him... his follow-thru was horrible!

Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.
Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."
Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.
The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.
June 1999
Sandusky retires

So, for Joepa, the matter was investigated. Sandusky admitted to showering with the boy and the DA brings no charges. It's not Joe's responsibility to follow up on a criminal matter that was investigated and then thrown out. Sandusky was not on the sideline in 2002, when Joepa was told about the much more explicit shower situation.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

BLIND EYE in my opinion.

No argument there from me, but I wonder how other people would react in similar situations concerning people they are close with. As Fleud mentioned earlier, would you that easily turn in a spouse or a brother/sister or a son/daughter, would they be conflicted by interpersonal bonds, or would they simply be in denial? I'm guessing likely the latter. So and so "couldn't possibly due THAT."

Also, wasn't Sandusky out after the first set of allegations (ergo, no longer the DC at PSU)?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Tempers are running high in this thread. Can everyone take a breath here?

Your avatar pic does not do you justice, Nan.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Anyone thinking they know how they would respond in a situation like this only needs to remind themselves of the experiments of Stanley Milgram. After WW2 most folks were sure that what had happened in German death camps could never happen in the US. Milgram ran tests in which subjects believe themselves to be applying electrical shock to unseen persons (who were unharmed and not even shocked) as part of a test. After several rounds of increases in level of severity. The unseen subjects soon became screaming and pleading to halt the experiment. A "supervisor" kept urging on the subjects who often complied with no to little questioning. The results were that Milgram showed that human response in America would likely have provided more than enough people to have replaced those carrying out orders in Germany. Until in another's shoes we never know what we might do.

I have read about those experiments, Br'er Bear. Frightening. As long as the researcher said "I will take responsibility", the subjects surrendered theirs very readily.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There can be no question about Joe Paterno being the dominant person on the PSU campus, quite literally an "untouchable."

There is a lot of reasonable conjecture and discussion here about what any of us would do in the situation Coach Paterno was in. But at issue is not what "I" or "we" might have done. The issue is what Paterno did or did not do. He and he alone is responsible and accountable for his actions/inactions.

Now it appears that he is resigning his position, effective at the end of this season. In other words, he apparently is being permitted to retire on his terms, further acknowledgement of his stature at PSU.

I just don't think he is entitled to call this last shot. To me it is both disgusting and disgraceful that he should be granted this concession afterthe horrible activities that took place in his domain.

Joe should go. Now.

Reaction Score
There can be no question about Joe Paterno being the dominant person on the PSU campus, quite literally an "untouchable."

There is a lot of reasonable conjecture and discussion here about what any of us would do in the situation Coach Paterno was in. But at issue is not what "I" or "we" might have done. The issue is what Paterno did or did not do. He and he alone is responsible and accountable for his actions/inactions.

Now it appears that he is resigning his position, effective at the end of this season. In other words, he apparently is being permitted to retire on his terms, further acknowledgement of his stature at PSU.

I just don't think he is entitled to call this last shot. To me it is both disgusting and disgraceful that he should be granted this concession afterthe horrible activities that took place in his domain.

Joe should go. Now.

He is being pushed out, by the media and by the Board of Trustees. These are not his terms.

He is going to finish his job- basically he'll be working for one more month.

I don't see how you can say that he is being permitted anything.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's gone. and so is Spanier.

JS

Reaction Score
Let's call a halt to this monster now that there's a new thread on the latest development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom