Ewing may be saving his job | The Boneyard

Ewing may be saving his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I can't remember the last coach at a big time program that has had this many roster problems, and turned it around. But Ewing is making a run at turning things around with a good recruiting class.

Reaction Score
I agree. Ewing is rebuilding the right way. They're fun to watch this year.

Last year, the bandage was ripped off after all those transfers.

This year, he's done a nice job integrating young players like Wahab and Dante Harris with senior holdovers Blair and Pickett and hard working "culture developing" grad transfers Jalen Harris and Chudier Bile (and Terrell Allen last year was an excellent fit).

Siena transfer Donald Carey has been an excellent fit and will be a senior leader next year to help guide in their great five man class. With 14 scholarships set for next year, one or two guys on the bottom of the totem pole (my guess one of the bench big men, either Malcolm Wilson or Tim Igohoefe) will transfer out and I can see at least six underclassmen as part of their rotation next year.

Georgetown fans should give him at least two more seasons.

Reaction Score
He probably bought himself 1 more year with that commit. If and when he still can't win next year then he'll be fired once Mohammed goes to the NBA

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree. Ewing is rebuilding the right way. They're fun to watch this year.

Last year, the bandage was ripped off after all those transfers.

This year, he's done a nice job integrating young players like Wahab and Dante Harris with senior holdovers Blair and Pickett and hard working "culture developing" grad transfers Jalen Harris and Chudier Bile (and Terrell Allen last year was an excellent fit).

Siena transfer Donald Carey has been an excellent fit and will be a senior leader next year to help guide in their great five man class. With 14 scholarships set for next year, one or two guys on the bottom of the totem pole (my guess one of the bench big men, either Malcolm Wilson or Tim Igohoefe) will transfer out and I can see at least six underclassmen as part of their rotation next year.

Georgetown fans should give him at least two more seasons.

It is hard to tell how much of the turnover is the coach and how much is the players. Getting a really good class is a sign that it may have been the players. Losing McClung to Texas Tech definitely hurt, and that departure seemed to Ewing's fault. The Akinjo transfer was sketchy and may have just been more about a big fat envelope from the Dirtbag in the Desert Sean Miller. Some of the other guys had to go because of off-court conduct.

I think Ewing is a pretty good game coach, and he seems to be developing the guys that stick around. We will see.

Reaction Score
6'3 2 guard 5*'s are the best kind of 5*'s, because they are not sure thing first round draft picks after Freshman year. Ewing might get 2 or 3 years out of him.
Good point. Unless he’s totally lights out as a shooter, being on the smallish side might keep him there for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom