Evina Westbrook - interest in journalism [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook - interest in journalism [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Glad / happy for Evina, and any like her that use the education from the classroom and not just that on the court. That and able to combine the two.
I believe she will be successful in any and all life's endeavors she pursues.
For the short term I hope she can be the supportive mom and continue to keep the team moving forward in a most tumultuous season.

Reaction Score
Been there and done that in college and beyond. The first few weeks of on camera work is so discouraging as you can't help but think you are not going to make it. You think "I'm not good looking enough" or "I'm not verbose enough" etc... Quick witted enough..etc. I decided to go into the technical side instead of on air and don't regret it much as it wasn't for me but I've seen so many on air talent start out horribly and then after even 2 weeks or so feel much more comfortable and make the transition well. Getting out there and doing on air work in college is so helpful. Expect it to be hard at first but I see no reason why Evina can't make it. She's already the unofficial team spokesperson and has been for a while now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Evina is one of the most versatile basketball players I’ve seen. She typically provides whatever her team needs on any given night: passing, rebounding, defense, scoring, etc. Coming off the bench she has to be prepared to substitute for any one of 4 positions: PG, SG, W or F. Now it also appears that Evina can also handle the post game interviews as well….. :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good job. I am guessing she worked out the questions she wanted to ask.

I thought the Dan Hurley Technical question was a very good one. Hurley makes Geno look like a choir boy

Reaction Score
Evina is one of the most versatile basketball players I’ve seen. She typically provides whatever her team needs on any given night: passing, rebounding, defense, scoring, etc. Coming off the bench she has to be prepared to substitute for any one of 4 positions: PG, SG, W or F. Now it also appears that Evina can also handle the post game interviews as well….. :cool:

Amen! Gosh, I would have loved the freshman and sophomore Evina @ UCONN. She was quicker. She’s not as fast and doesn’t make the cuts off the dribble like she did before, but she plays smaahter. Evina does everything.

Reaction Score
Amen! Gosh, I would have loved the freshman and sophomore Evina @ UCONN. She was quicker. She’s not as fast and doesn’t make the cuts off the dribble like she did before, but she plays smaahter. Evina does everything.
Agreed but I would comment that today's Evina is as gritty as possible and clutch at critical times. Will go down as one of the best transfers in recent history.

Reaction Score
Both Hurley (St Anthony’s) & Geno (Bishop Kenrick) had Catholic school educations. Evidently one of them paid more attention to what the nuns were saying than the other. Although, I wouldn’t necessarily call either one a choirboy. :rolleyes:
Jersey City, isn't Philly and versa visa. But Bobby and his daddy the coach made St Anthony's a name to remember. It took Geno a bit longer to make Kenrick a Bishop as in Bishop McDonnell in Queens or Christ the King.

Reaction Score
She seems so naturally ready for such a career. Wishing her and the team success on, and off the basketball court.

Reaction Score

Not sure about this. The reason she had to have surgery when she came to Uconn was because Tenn didn’t do it. She was playing on a bum knee then

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saw this on the men's forum which has a thread on Evina (very complementary)

She was at the St Johns game last night clutching a laptop and mic and all dressed up. Goofing around with the rest of the women's team sitting courtside, eating their popcorn. I imagine she was doing more interviewing but haven't seen the results. Hope she didn't have popcorn in her teeth.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My only critique would be that she needs to let more of her personality through. When you see her interacting with her teammate she has an infectious joy. I think there is a natural tendency to suppress that in the name of “professionalism” but the best on air personalities are the ones who let that shine through. E.g., Renee Montgomery.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing that when Evina was considering transferring from TN to UConn given her interest in sports broadcasting Nevertheless Geno didn’t take her on a tour of ESPN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom