Evina OK? | The Boneyard

Evina OK?

Reaction Score
We probably won't know for sure until tomorrow. That didn't look good at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
they showed a replay from the baseline angle and there was no foul. It looks like Evina just came down awkwardly on her ankle and fell.
I must have missed that on dvr... I’ll take your word on it.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
There may have been a bit of a shove before Evina gathered for the layup but it didn't look like it could have caused the awkward body position she ended up in. It's weird that no one asked about her in the post game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We probably won't know for sure until tomorrow. That didn't look good at all.
When you have a bad or tender knee(s), all it takes is a one awkward twist or fall to tweak it. I’m wondering at what percent she playing at. We know she’s not 100%, and hasn’t been all year. I agree, it didn’t look good. :(

Reaction Score
There may have been a bit of a shove before Evina gathered for the layup but it didn't look like it could have caused the awkward body position she ended up in. It's weird that no one asked about her in the post game.
Yes, I thought for sure it would have been one of the primary post game questions or discussions. If it was a SNY game it would have probably been discussed as naseum. .

Reaction Score
they usually don't ask things about a players injury status straight after a game like that because a) they probably wont know the extent of the injury if there is one and b) they dont ask players about other players health because they wont answer. I guess we will know by Saturday whether she is suiting up or not, fingers crossed

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
From behind the Marquette player had a hand on her lower back as she was getting gathered to go up. Whether she was pushing or not doesn't take much to throw A persons balance off while running.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you were watching but she was never touched watch all the angles plenty of space between her and the defender
Yes, that's what I saw. Appeared that maybe she slipped on a wet spot on the floor?

Reaction Score
Just a weird landing. Looked to me like she hyper-extended her knee. Not her ankle. I hope she is ok.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Not sure what you were watching but she was never touched watch all the angles plenty of space between her and the defender
All the angles? I remember 2 from behind live and the replay from behind the basket, was there one from the side?

Reaction Score
it appeared to me from one camera angle that the front of the defending player's foot just caught the back of westbrook's heel, which caused her to fall awkwardly - all of which must have been painful.

Reaction Score
I just watched it in slow motion. I thought Lott slightly pushed her with her left hand. That is all it takes to really hurt someone. I also noticed that E was back on the floor giving 5s to her teammates after the game which is a good sign. She needs her rest anyway. Remember she hasn't played a full season in 2 years. I hope Geno gave them 2 days off. They need it.

Reaction Score
I just watched it in slow motion. I thought Lott slightly pushed her with her left hand. That is all it takes to really hurt someone. I also noticed that E was back on the floor giving 5s to her teammates after the game which is a good sign. She needs her rest anyway. Remember she hasn't played a full season in 2 years. I hope Geno gave them 2 days off. They need it.

Not sure how it’s 2 full seasons. She transferred, sat out last year and is playing this year

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was wondering if she might have had the wind knocked out of her when she landed and was getting it back by the time she was back on camera.

Reaction Score
Not sure how it’s 2 full seasons. She transferred, sat out last year and is playing this year
Poor semantics on my part. She last played a full season that ended in March 2019. That was 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
I was wondering if she might have had the wind knocked out of her when she landed and was getting it back by the time she was back on camera.
I think you are right. As she was walking towards the trainer she was gesturing towards her chest, not her knee or ankle.

Reaction Score
It seems Evina comes away from a drive or fall limping every game. Arc on her 3 pointers have been flat for several games. Great all-around skills with rebounding, defense, and shooting we need for playoffs. Would Geno consider sitting her for 1-2 tournament games to heal or rest?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom