Everything I like about UConn's draw | The Boneyard

Everything I like about UConn's draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UConn's draw and bracket make me happy for a number of raesons:

• Our bracket is not in Palo Alto, South Bend, or Louisville. That alone is the most important thing.
  • The road to a possible national championship may go through Notre Dame or Tennessee, but it can't be both ND AND Tennessee.
  • It's unclear at this point if the road to the final four goes through Duke, A&M, or DePaul, but UConn has had nothing but tremendous success in recent times against these teams.
  • If we'd been in Louisville's bracket, that would have meant a possible second round game with St John's (vomit), ANOTHER regional semis with Maryland, and a fourth game against Louisville on the road. Needless to say, I didn't want any of that.
  • It wouldn't have been possible to be in the South Bend Bracket, but, if ND had been a two seed with UConn in that bracket, that could have meant yet another tournament match with Kentucky (not scary, but they could be pests the third time), and either a rematch with Baylor or ND on the road in the regional finals. All of which would have been enough to make me nervous.
  • The Stanford region would have entailed a satisfying beatdown of UNC in the regional semis, but I still wouldn't prefer a regional finals game on the road. Hell, Stanford fans will be rooting against UConn the entire time the Huskies are playing there, I'd bet.
Hey, nothing is a given, and Uconn still must win four single-elimination games in a row with the bracket in which it's been placed. Having said that, you wanted UConn to have favorable matchups (and fewer unfavorable matchups), and that's exactly what UConn got. Now go get 'em, girls!

Reaction Score
Plus ND has to win five in a row to force a national champsionship matchup. So there is some chance that should UConn make it to the finals, it may be against someone other than ND.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And though Nebraska is okay on its home court, it did lose 2 games there and is not the first team I think of for having a huge home court advantage. And they still have to get out of LA intact. Duke is not a match up that should be too troublesome now, if they get past the Texas A&M group winner.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Plus ND has to win five in a row to force a national champsionship matchup. So there is some chance that should UConn make it to the finals, it may be against someone other than ND.

Such as Baylor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01