Everyone's Above Average in Preseason | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone's Above Average in Preseason

Reaction Score
Marquette - Women’s basketball won’t let height affect talented roster
  • Marquette's tallest starter is 5-11. Could this be an advantage?!
  • The Golden Eagles' strength last year was transition, bigger teams struggled to keep up with their speed!
  • Allazia Blockton - "Everyone on our team is versatile, so I think it works to our advantage to be smaller"!
  • Marquette has added some size and length which will help their press!
  • Marquette's goal is to protect the paint and force harder contested shots!
Oh yeah - big advantage. BIG! (For whoever they play, geez...)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marquette - Women’s basketball won’t let height affect talented roster
  • Marquette's tallest starter is 5-11. Could this be an advantage?!
  • The Golden Eagles' strength last year was transition, bigger teams struggled to keep up with their speed!
  • Allazia Blockton - "Everyone on our team is versatile, so I think it works to our advantage to be smaller"!
  • Marquette has added some size and length which will help their press!
  • Marquette's goal is to protect the paint and force harder contested shots!
It's nice to see my granddaughter's school getting attention, but I can't avoid thinking about Tori McCoy's medical condition. I hope she has found a donor. Some things are more important than basketball.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Side note: Everybody says they want to play with more pace this year. I'm waiting for the coach that says "We're not great in transition. I'm really going to slow it down and milk the clock"

I know those teams exist because every year I watch teams play with a slow, boring, grindy, physical style. (Looking at you Georgia Tech).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
BYU - Internationally diverse BYU women's basketball team looks to depth, youth as season approaches
  • BYU has 6 international players on their roster, 3 New Zelanders, 2 Brazilians, and Swede!
  • Coach Jeff Judkins emphasized team chemistry in the offseason and the team bonded during a European trip!
  • BYU has seven freshmen and only 2 returning starters; returnes Sara Hamson and Brenna Chase will be called upon for leadership
  • Chase - the freshmen "shown us things we haven't seen in most freshman classes"!
I kept the normal writing style for this one, but BYU does not sound like they will be good...maybe next year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
North Texas - Mean Green women's basketball set their hopes high for the new season
  • The Mean Green finished last year top 15 nationally in defense and look to continue that!
  • Coach Jalie Mitchell believes last year's conference tournament run "proved something to ourselves" and has changed the team's mentality!
  • Mitchell identifies point guard Brittany Smith as the team's leader!
  • Guard Trena Mims - "I think we're a lot more focused this year, and we're all on the same page"!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Oooops. My bad. At first, I thought this said Dawn has embraced POINTLESS basketball. It only looks that way versus UConn.
I fear that you have fallen victim to the dreaded disease of selective perception! but is is funny!:D

Reaction Score
For those on this site, who are interested in Oregon State WBB, there is a great blog, Bernice's Place | Benny's House. The more video I see of Destiny Slocum, the more excited I am for this OSU Beaver WBB Season. If you go there, take a look at the last video posted of Destiny doing a crossover dribble where she breaks the ankles of one of men practice players. Holy COW! This kid is a game changer. Season tickets arrived today, and, purchased NCAA Portland Regional tickets today. Let's get it started.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I love how informative but also low-key shady this thread is. Lol.
Any shadier and it'd be o dark thirty! ;) We all have our agendas! Some are just less subtle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom