Everyone should take a moment and relax... | The Boneyard

Everyone should take a moment and relax...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Listen everyone... we may not be in the best shape right now we can say for sure that once Maryland's case is decided, things will happen again. The B1G has already stated that they want to move to at least 16. Possibly 18. As long as the ACC loses at least 2 teams we should fall into that slot. I am not saying this is our ideal spot but at least we are not in the mess we are currently in.

Best case scenario:
B1G takes UVA, GTech, and UNC and we come with as #18

2nd Best case scenario:
B1G takes UNC and UVA and we squeak into the ACC with Cincy. I say squeak in because I believe that Cincy (with all their graveling now) is still in a better position then we are in regards to football. Since Louisville got in I would say academics still doesn't matter. Plus we have two big strikes against us Fla St. and Clemson

Epic Fail Scenario: The ACC Blow Up Scenario But At Least we are not in the nBE
B1G takes UNC, UVA, GTech, and Vandy
Fla St upset with having to take Uconn and Cincy and maybe Temple/USF bolts and with Clemson to Big 12 along with Miami to get to 14
Va Tech and NCSt run to SEC

Leaving us with the following situation... though at least it is better then the nBE
Uconn, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, Wake Forest, Cincy, USF, and whoever then can get for #9-12 (Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville won't have the funds to back out of their $50 million commitment)

Worst Case Scenario
B1G only goes to 16 and takes Vandy and UVa only... I feel Cincy gets the spot.

I can't see the ACC and their kumbaya brotherhood fail to this extent but at least we would still be with traditional rivals, semi-competitive football, and great hoops. So lets at least hope that we don't see expansion go small with the B1G. If it doesn't we will fall somewhere.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Worst Case Scenario
B1G only goes to 16 and takes Vandy and UVa only... I feel Cincy gets the spot.

Nope, worse case scenario is the current situation doesn't change.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
That is what I meant by that... we get stuck and Cincy gets out.

Reaction Score
Why would Vanderbilt leave the SEC when they have what the Big 10 is trying to accomplish? Demographics now favor the SEC. The creation of the SEC was lead by Vanderbilt. Their head coach at the time was once a coach under Fielding Yost, legendary head coach at Michigan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McGugin

Reaction Score
Why would Vanderbilt leave the SEC when they have what the Big 10 is trying to accomplish? Demographics now favor the SEC. The creation of the SEC was lead by Vanderbilt. Their head coach at the time was once a coach under Fielding Yost, legendary head coach at Michigan.

The SEC is locked down, they are the model football conference, everybody wants to be like them.

Reaction Score
The SEC is locked down, they are the model football conference, everybody wants to be like them.
Precisely why UNC fans are clamoring to join them instead of the Big 10. I say we aim for the Big 12. As long as the Hockey East stays intact.

Reaction Score
Precisely why UNC fans are clamoring to join them instead of the Big 10. I say we aim for the Big 12. As long as the Hockey East stays intact.

I have my reservations about the 12, they need two more teams for a conference champ game, but they are not to thrilled about uconn and cincy being the only game in town. If we went to the 12, we'd be on an island much like WVU with no real local rivalries. I think the SEC will eventually go to 16 when they form their SEC network in 2015, then UNC, or NC St and VT will join the SEC, and once that happens, FSU, Clemson and a bunch of other acc teams will be looking for greener pastures. I'm not sure what will be left of the acc, but I'm more interested in regional rivalries vs being alone up here in the NE.

Reaction Score
I have my reservations about the 12, they need two more teams for a conference champ game, but they are not to thrilled about uconn and cincy being the only game in town. If we went to the 12, we'd be on an island much like WVU with no real local rivalries. I think the SEC will eventually go to 16 when they form their SEC network in 2015, then UNC, or NC St and VT will join the SEC, and once that happens, FSU, Clemson and a bunch of other acc teams will be looking for greener pastures. I'm not sure what will be left of the acc, but I'm more interested in regional rivalries vs being alone up here in the NE.
Pitt and WVU would reunite in the Big 12. Also difficult to see Syracuse being an instant B1G candidate. You never know what lies down the road. I am sure the Big 12 is already eying schools in the southeast, as well. FSU, Clemson, NC State. Pitt, Syracuse, Cincinnati, WVU, and UConn would form a regional pod or division for where we are.

In the Big 10, we would have Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
B1g 12 would be last of the other major conferences that I would choose. B1G is first for stability and revenue. ACC is next for regional rivalries, even though everyone of them threw us under the bus.

Reaction Score
Methinks Texas and Texas Tech to the SEC (and the end of the Big 12) is a higher percentage bet compared with FSU, Clemson and others to the Big 12.

If the ACC does not collapse after the Maryland lawsuit ruling this has an even chance of happening.

Reaction Score
I think the SEC would do a major expansion, up to 20 if they could add UT, Tech, OU, Ok St, UNC and Duke or UVA, VT.

But unlikely. I think UT would rather associate with PAC 12 teams. I think they look down at Bama, LSU, and the Deep South in general.

Methinks Texas and Texas Tech to the SEC (and the end of the Big 12) is a higher percentage bet compared with FSU, Clemson and others to the Big 12.

If the ACC does not collapse after the Maryland lawsuit ruling this has an even chance of happening.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The NNNBE deal sucks because the suits know that UConn and Cincy will not be a part of the NNNBE. They have an idea what the future end product of CR will be and they know which teams will be in a power conference and which teams will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom