Everyone has a plan until they get hit | The Boneyard

Everyone has a plan until they get hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am a long time husky fan and mostly lurker here but I had to post after the events of the past few days. I have been shocked at what Uconn has done in the last three games. In the Iowa State and Michigan State game and later in the villanova game they have imposed their will on the other teams. Watching the beginning of the last two games you could see the whole story on the opposing teams faces. Why? Not because Uconn is so talented, or so strong or so skilled. But because they simply refuse to lose, the look in the other teams eyes is straight fear, fear of 40 minutes of this and knowing they are going to lose.

The title of the thread is a Mike Tyson quote but so true. I am sure Izzo and Hoiberg had great game plans going in. But after 5 minutes those plans were thrown in the garbage. This team is like Rafa Nadal in a Grand Slam championship match. Djokovic or Federer may be more talented than he is, but he simply refuses to lose and the other guy knows it. I saw a quote where Kevin Ollie said, "We are the predators out there" He certainly has this team believing it and that is something that will be very difficult to beat by any team.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Coaching is recruiting, game planning / prep X's and O's, physical conditioning, managing academics, a little bit of community relations, but what Calhoun and Ollie excel at is instilling good mental attitudes and team chemistry. Geno too. And it sounds like Diaco is going to instill the same foundation on the football side.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Nolan's D on their first possession was definitely a punch in the mouth to their game plan.

Reaction Score
We play great D, have few turnovers, and hit a very high % of our free throws. Plus we have Bazz and they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom