Everyone gets Friday off | The Boneyard

Everyone gets Friday off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm actually very curious about this.
I watch all UConn games, and, maybe, 3 or so others the entire season.
Are there a lot of folks on this board who watch multiple games per week during the season?

Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think there are a lot of people here who strictly watch UConn - they'll view UConn in a vacuum.

But I think a significant minority would watch a college basketball game just because it's a college basketball game.

Reaction Score
Yea, I can't imagine being a die hard UCONN fan who isn't a die hard hoops fan in general. Watching only UCONN provides about zero perspective.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I think there are a lot of people here who strictly watch UConn - they'll view UConn in a vacuum. But I think a significant minority would watch a college basketball game just because it's a college basketball game.

You mean like, say, Marist?

I watch it every night of the week and love it ( even the midnight west coast games which drives my wife batty at 130 am) though strangely my consumption goes up and down a lot depending on uconns season. If it's a down year I still watch a ton, but on an up year I watch even more as a point of comparison to get ready for March.

Reaction Score
I watch all UCONN games and keep an eye on the scores each night. If an upset is brewing I will watch the second halve, ESPN3. I live in the triangle of NC so I also get most of the Duke, State, and UNC games so I do keep an eye on them, mainly looking for upsets.

Reaction Score
Did they always do this? I always thought the start of the season trickled forward this time of year.

As for watching cbb, as I get older, I tend to watch less games other than Uconn, as I don't really have the spare time I used to! I only watch the Uconn games and maybe catch a little of others on the weekend

Before, I'd watch many more, especially Big East games.

I still get pretty excited during Championship week, and used to watch the AAC tourney regularly to root against Duke and Carolina, along with almost all the BET games I could, but in recent years it's just Uconn games I'm interested in.

Reaction Score
I watch very little NBA. Some periods during the Playoffs. I grew going to lots of high school - Dad had one of this passes that got you everywhere as an ExCoach - and I also used to watch a lot of summer league.

Now ... It's College Hoops.

Rarely have I missed a UConn game in 20 years. When they weren't on TV ... I would leave my home in Albany & drive the Mass Pike til I got the radio signal from Hartford.
Watched as much Big East Conference games as possible. High percentage. I went to the BE at MSG 17 years in a row. But I think ... Got maybe 80% of major BE contests on TV.
Who else do I watch? Depends. Whatever strikes me. Occasionally there's a guy or team I really like to see.

Lots of great memories ... Like seeing Pete Maravich in the NIT at MSG when I was a kid. That was crazy.

Reaction Score
Did they always do this? I always thought the start of the season trickled forward this time of year.

As for watching cbb, as I get older, I tend to watch less games other than Uconn, as I don't really have the spare time I used to! I only watch the Uconn games and maybe catch a little of others on the weekend

Before, I'd watch many more, especially Big East games.

I still get pretty excited during Championship week, and used to watch the AAC tourney regularly to root against Duke and Carolina, along with almost all the BET games I could, but in recent years it's just Uconn games I'm interested in.

I know you meant ACC. There's only been one AAC tourney, and if it weren't for our beloved Huskies, it would be an unwatchable affair (Damn conference realignment BS).;)

Reaction Score
Yea, I can't imagine being a die hard UCONN fan who isn't a die hard hoops fan in general. Watching only UCONN provides about zero perspective.
Dude, I am a huge hoops fan. Played a ton when I was young. Enjoy watching immensely. Problem is time. I watch 1 pro football game a week and UConn BBall. I just don't want to carve out another 2 hours for watching TV. Just a choice! Totally respect everybody's choice to watch as little or as much as they want.
Please don't doubt my fanhood, though. I will literally shove one orange up your @55 and one down your throat until they mash together and make juice squirt out of your navel if you suggest to my face that I'm not a die hard UConn fan.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I never miss a UConn game.

I used to watch every Big East game that I could, but my interest in the sport has gone significantly downhill ( aside from UConn of course).

I just can't stomach the AAC, ACC or Big East games that don't involve UConn anymore.

Reaction Score
Dude, I am a huge hoops fan. Played a ton when I was young. Enjoy watching immensely. Problem is time. I watch 1 pro football game a week and UConn BBall. I just don't want to carve out another 2 hours for watching TV. Just a choice! Totally respect everybody's choice to watch as little or as much as they want.
Please don't doubt my fanhood, though. I will literally shove one orange up your @55 and one down your throat until they mash together and make juice squirt out of your navel if you suggest to my face that I'm not a die hard UConn fan.

You don't need to justify your fanhood to anyone. I remember "peak oil is here" and everything else, for better or for worse.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Did I hear this right?

There are 157 college hoop games on Friday?!

There aren't a lot of great match-ups, but still, more than enough to watch yourselves into a stupor.

Never been an opening day like it that I can recall. Last year was 135 games, the year before was 125. Work is gonna suck so bad.

You pricks had better F5 the hell out of the scoreboard page.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Never been an opening day like it that I can recall. Last year was 135 games, the year before was 125. Work is gonna suck so bad.

You s had better F5 the hell out of the scoreboard page.

When you failed to implement my suggested changes last year, I switched to the CBSsports.com scoreboard and app.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I watch all UConn games, most north east games (A10, nBE, NEC, MAAC, etc.,) and hate-watch teams I want to see lose.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The best iphone app is from The Score. Those Canadians come up with something once in a while.

I'm going to hit the Central game in Hamden at 3 and the UConn game after.

I'm with TRest. I watch way more NEC, MAAC, A-10, Big East than the Big 12, Pac 12 or SEC. I do watch a lot of the ACC though.

The AAC is tough. I can watch Cincy and Temple but it's hard to not find something more appealing if it's the rest of the bunch.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very nice sentiment, Fishy...unfortunately I am in the middle of a 7 month stretch with no days off...but it is for a good reason :)

Reaction Score
I think a team to keep an eye out for this season is Arkansas. Although a 200/1 long shot to win it 20 years after the 1994 title they are a sleeper. Kingsley, Qualls and Portis are all projected to be first round or very close to 1st round picks this year and next. Madden is a senior who has been around forever and was recruited by UConn. Harris also a senior with game. So three potential NBA players and 2 solid seniors. It is a team that is pretty much built for a tournament run despite no track record to this point to prove it. Defeats against Iowa State and SMU on the road early are probable but the DNA is there for a deep run to the E8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom