Even with a 1-2 record, the UConn Huskies aren't as bad as you think | The Boneyard

Even with a 1-2 record, the UConn Huskies aren't as bad as you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought this news article deserved a thread of its own;

Even with a 1-2 record, the UConn Huskies aren't as bad as you think

It's from an non-UConn fan perspective. He was at the game, and I agree with him. I still believe UConn has the talent to be a very good team. They have improved a little bit each game, and I think the win will give them a lot more confidence going forward to Maui.

Reaction Score
Well, I think they can't shoot, don't space the floor well, don't have good instincts as to where to cut and move in relation to the ball, over-help from the perimeter on D, and have a weak frontcourt that can't rebound. Good to know it's not that bad . . .

Reaction Score
We have only 8 players who can play. Four of those players can't score, only one or two of them can shoot, nobody can rebound. Yup, we are pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Reaction Score
We have only 8 players who can play. Four of those players can't score, only one or two of them can shoot, nobody can rebound. Yup, we are pretty, pretty, pretty good.
This actually sounds like one of our Championship Teams. With this makeup it becomes important to know your roles and execute them accordingly. A leader also needs to emerge that knows how to execute the gameplan. I just don't see a cohesive and disciplined product right now, but with time and familiarity with each other we should be ready come conference time. Someone though has to emerge as our true leader (vocally and demonstratively), this team needs a rudder.

Superjohn it was a road win (and a long distance one at that), and any road victory is a good win, regardless of score or performances. From the TV it didn't seem all that impressive but being in California with a hostile crowd I must say they should UConn fortitude and resilience and lets hope that becomes a spark looking for a match.

They are more confident, relaxed and happy today than yesterday. So can we all just say 'well done' for a brief moment because had they lost, well . . . . . . . . . .

Reaction Score
Spoiler alert - Aaron Torres went to UConn, so I don't think this is a non-UConn fan perspective. But I do agree with what he wrote.

Ah my bad... I still agree with what he wrote too

Reaction Score
Our shooting ability specifically to go to a knock down 3 point shooter is a concern. We have a bunch of guys who can make a 3 but no one we can go to the well with. That was supposed to be Purvis at 40%. Last year it was Gibbs. So we have to run plays to free up who ever that is and you need 2 shooters on the floor to make it work. Alterique and Jalen and even Larrier are all passing on wide open looks because maybe they are not so confident. If Jackson can stay on the floor, but KO obviously is not sold on his defense which I get. At this point we are a crappy outside shooting team including foul shots. Missing front end 1 and 1's is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom