Even w/out UConn, I still love March Madness! | The Boneyard

Even w/out UConn, I still love March Madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Granted, it's not as fun w/out our Huskies, but the NCAA Tournament is still my favorite sporting event...thought it's made up of multiple events. The following is my ranking of events, what about you guys?

1 NCAA Hoops Tournament
2 NFL Playoffs & Superbowl
3 NBA Playoffs
4 NHL Hockey
5 MLB Playoffs
6 Soccer World Cup
7 PGA Majors (with the Masters leading the way)

Note that for me the order changes dramatically when I have a dog in the race. I can pretty much watch most NCAA and NFL games regardless if my team is in the mix and enjoy them. As for 3 through 5, I can easily flip them around when I have a rooting interest.

Not everyone out there are Hockey fans, but when you have a rooting interest, tight elimination games can be among the most intense events I've ever watched.

Reaction Score
Without a dog in the race...just love the upsets. Even though they can be few and far between. ISU will prob pull away in 2nd half. :( Hope not.

Reaction Score
Can we pay tcf to just post the highlights. There is a lack of interest on my side. I should be getting a lot done these next few weeks. In fact I didn't know certain flowers bud in March/April.

I will see a new world these next few weeks.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it's been a crazy, crazy couple of years to be a Uconn fan- JC retiring, multiple NCs, apr crap and postseason ban.

But I do agree that conference realignment and Uconn's place in it has taken a lot away from my enjoyment of mbb.

It's hard for me not to watch March Madness and I even woke up this morning thinking, 'The tourney starts today!" But, just as I watched very little of the 2010 and 2013 tournaments, I probably will just check the scores and watch it when I can as opposed to sneaking away to watch as much as I can.

As to the original question, here is how I rank my favorite sporting events:

1. World Cup (Soccer)
2. NCAAT (If Uconn is doing well, this becomes #1)
3. CFB NC
4. NBA playoffs
5. Sumo

I used to love the NFL, tennis, and baseball, but don't watch either anymore. My brother is a NY Rangers fan, so if they are in the playoffs, I can watch hockey as well.

Reaction Score
No other thing in sports is remotely close to March Madness. Especially these first few days!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I hope SMU does not lay an egg. We need them to win as much as possible. But why do I have a feeling they will disappoint. UCONN is always the one carrying the conference, it would be nice to see another AAC team help a little. If they do lose we are just gunna have to win it all again next year I guess (sigh) :rolleyes:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No other thing in sports is remotely close to March Madness. Especially these first few days!
World Cup and Euro Cup... then......is march madness

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I think SMU is going to take advantage of the beautiful path that just opened for them.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
uhhhh, ya think? Georgia State ends on a 13 point run to win by 1 after being down 12. Coach tore his ACL celebrating their last win, and his son hits the buzzer beater 3 to win today. How proud is he?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I hope SMU does not lay an egg. We need them to win as much as possible. But why do I have a feeling they will disappoint. UCONN is always the one carrying the conference, it would be nice to see another AAC team help a little. If they do lose we are just gunna have to win it all again next year I guess (sigh) :rolleyes:

^^^^^
Repost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member