Euro Step Explanation | The Boneyard

Euro Step Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What exactly is this move? Is it something that was initiated in the European Leagues (pro and/or amateur)?

Is it a legal travel or something else?

Curious because announcers use this term so often nowadays and seemed to arrive about a decade or so ago. I'm thinking Ginobli of the Spurs.

Reaction Score
I actually think God Shamgod from Providence was an early pioneer

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I remember the day when 2 steps was a travel. Anyone else recall when you were allowed 1.5 steps MAX?
When the hell did it change??????
And why wasn't I told????

Reaction Score
I remember the day when 2 steps was a travel. Anyone else recall when you were allowed 1.5 steps MAX?

Is this some kind of joke about your age or something.

Reaction Score
The key to the Eurostep is to gather at full speed before the first step, which makes a defender start to think vertical because you can't take too many more steps. Your first step should be to a side but into their body, and since you've gathered, it makes the defender more likely to commit to that direction and if they take a backwards step their weight likely shifts to their heels (or at least the center of gravity shifts back). If you pass them after they turned slightly, now they need to turn 180* when you only had to change your angle of approach like 30*. Even if they don't take a step, you are on the balls of your feet and can take a long step which creates separation. Try taking a long step as a defender with your weight shifted back or weight on your heels. It doesn't work.

TLDR: Gather first. Center of gravity. Angles. Long steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom