OT: - Euro football finals | The Boneyard

OT: Euro football finals

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
On Monday my wife and I returned from a trip to Germany, France and England. We have family connections in both Germany and England so I was happy to see both countries get to the finals. My English sister-in-law’s grandfather was one of the founders of the Manchester City football club.

It’s a slow slog but bit by bit, we see increasing interest and respect for women’s athletics. The interest in the national team was quite evident in England and today’s attendance was a record for any game, men’s and women's.

Reaction Score
If they played ten times Germany probably wins seven. But at times in sport you have to occasionally get lucky and the Lionesses were on their home field and the German leading scorer didn't play, after an inj. in warmups.
So it's a marvelous day for the homeside who were able to please their fans with a first major trophy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The England side did what it had to do and Germany didnt
Love the fact that the England side has been sticking with the same 11 pretty much all along rather than doing what they like to do in womens soccer and that is too much tinkering game to game.
Great game great victory for the Lionesses and the country

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom