Euro 2016 qualifying | The Boneyard

Euro 2016 qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Netherlands...we have a problem! What is happening there? Thrashed by Turkey, on the outside looking in at qualifying for the final stage (n a year where they've expanded the field and made qualifying easier than ever),. Who are the next RVP and Robben's?

Wales and Iceland have looked good, Spain is in a dogfight in their group (to win it, they will advance easily), England and the Swiss have coasted thru their group, Ireland and Scotland are battling for third in their group. The October International break will have a lot at stake for a lot of European countries.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Netherlands...we have a problem! What is happening there? Thrashed by Turkey, on the outside looking in at qualifying for the final stage (n a year where they've expanded the field and made qualifying easier than ever),. Who are the next RVP and Robben's?
Depay?

Reaction Score
Depay?
Ya, he should be a good one. 21 or 22 years old. They are going thru a tough transition right now (or so it appears). Haven't looked good since RVG moved along. RVP, Robbin, Sneijder, Huntelaar all in their 30's. Should be an interesting 4 year cycle for them.

Kane scored for England yesterday! Hopefully that momentum will carry over to this coming weekend.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kane scored for England yesterday! Hopefully that momentum will carry over to this coming weekend.
Well...let's hope your hopes are dashed. :cool:

When Chamberlain came over to congratulate Kane, it made me twitch. Reminded me of this. :D

Reaction Score
A couple of big matches coming up this week
Group A: Netherlands is currently 4th place, and needs some wins and Turkey losses. They've got 2 games remaining each:
#4 Netherlands @ #6 Kazahkstan and #3 Turkey @ #2 Czech Republic
#4 Netherlands v #2 Czech Republic and #3 Turkey v #1 Iceland

Group B: Israel v Cyprus and Bosnia v Wales. An Israel and Wales win locks up Israel in top 3, and the very least a play-in game against another 3rd place team. If Israel loses and Bosnia wins, Isrrael is faced with a must win at Belgium.

Group D top 4 all match up: #3 Ireland v #1 Germany, #4 Scotland v #2 Poland. And then Ireland isn't Poland. Ireland needs a Scottish loss or draw in one of their final two matchesto advance. Or pull the upset off v Germany or at Poland

Reaction Score
First win by the Irish over the Germans in history, wow is right.
I watched that match in a bar here (I was of course the only Irish supporter) and we all just thought it was a matter of time before Germany broke it open. Just never happened.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I watched that match in a bar here (I was of course the only Irish supporter) and we all just thought it was a matter of time before Germany broke it open. Just never happened.
I think Germany thought the same thing.

Reaction Score
Sundays Ireland @ Poland match is HUGE (use your Donald Trump voice). Winner advances straight to the Euros, if a draw would finish 3rd, but could still go straight to the Euros as they presently are the "best" 3rd place team of all the groups.

Reaction Score
Sundays Ireland @ Poland match is HUGE (use your Donald Trump voice). Winner advances straight to the Euros, if a draw would finish 3rd, but could still go straight to the Euros as they presently are the "best" 3rd place team of all the groups.
It will be hard to catch Hungary who sits at 15 points (not counting last place teams). Ireland and Poland both have 12 so they have to draw and Greece has to beat Hungary and Faroe Islands have to lose. Stranger things have happened, I guess but I'm not holding my breath on the Irish. Would be sweet, though.

Reaction Score
Netherlands is in a must win then hope situation. They have to beat Czech Republic (home game for the Dutch), and have Iceland win/draw @ Turkey. That is the only way they will get through to the 3rd place play-in game.
Israel spit the bit v Cyprus at home, and Bosnia had a HUGE win over Wales to pretty much bumps Israel from top 3 (unless they can win at Belgium and Bosnia loses @ Cyprus...neither happening).
Norway and Croatia are battling for 2nd/3rd spot in their group. Norway @ Italy and Croatia @ Malta, advantage Croatia who is 2 points behind Norway, but holds large advantage in GD if Norway can somehow draw @ Italy.

Teams who have clinched in the finals of Euro 2016:
France, Germany, Poland, N. Ireland, Romania, Portugal, Albania, Spain, (one of Slovakia or Ukraine), England, Switzerland, Austria, (one of Russia or Sweden), Iceland, Czech Republic, Belgium, Wales, Italy, and (one of Norway or Croatia)

Teams in play-in game (one of these 9 will go straight to the finals, the remaining 8 will have a play off to determine the final 4 teams to advance:
Ireland, Hungary, Denmark, (one of Slovakia or Ukraine), Slovenia, (one of Russia or Sweden), (one of Turkey or Netherlands), (one of Bosnia or Israel), and (one of Norway or Croatia)

Reaction Score
Down goes Netherlands......down goes Netherlands. Lost 3-2 at home v Czech Republic, and the Czech played a man down for the entire 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom