ESPNW's impact newcomers for this season. | The Boneyard

ESPNW's impact newcomers for this season.

Reaction Score
I’d put CLW higher. The passing she brings to UCLA is going to elevate Betts to new heights if all goes well. She’s lacked a good, communicative passer there. CLW could be huge.

Reaction Score
Creme lists 12. We have Chen at 5 and Strong at 7. Not bad. And that doesn't count newcomers like Fudd, Jana, etc. :)
Actually a pretty good case could be made for Jana making this list, but it isn't going to happen with ESPN, since they don't generally give foreign prospects anywhere close to equal consideration in their Hoop Girl's rankings, and being one year delayed because of injury kind of takes her off the radar somewhat.

I think if foreign prospects were graded the same way, Jana would have been at least top 10 in her class, or this new incoming one, and therefore part of the discussion for the tail end of Charlie's list.

Reaction Score
I’d put CLW higher. The passing she brings to UCLA is going to elevate Betts to new heights if all goes well. She’s lacked a good, communicative passer there. CLW could be huge.
Is CLW expected back before late February?

Reaction Score
Ohhh… that’s true.
I'd be surprised if she can make a substantial contribution to UCLA given her injury situation. I mean, returning in February still leaves her time to help out. But at PG? That's asking a lot of anyone. For her to learn to run the offense, she's going to need more time to acclimate to the new team and coach. Will she be much help to them if she merely plays SG and Kiki plays PG?

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if she can make a substantial contribution to UCLA given her injury situation. I mean, returning in February still leaves her time to help out. But at PG? That's asking a lot of anyone. For her to learn to run the offense, she's going to need more time to acclimate to the new team and coach. Will she be much help to them if she merely plays SG and Kiki plays PG?
CLW has better court vision. Pretty sure she averaged 6.8 AST. Rice only 4.5.

Kiki can pass, just not to the center. They never communicate anything and Lauren bumbles it.

I expect if not this year, then next year CLW will be the main PG.

Reaction Score

Kiki can pass, just not to the center. They never communicate anything and Lauren bumbles it.

I expect if not this year, then next year CLW will be the main PG.
I doubt she'll be around since she's a Grad student.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is she? Thought she was a junior.
She played 4 seasons at Washington St. She was a Fr. in '20-'21.
Leger-Walker has a single season high of 5.1 apg. Career average is 3.7.

Reaction Score
The ESPN narrative on South Carolina is weird.

They aren't thin in the frontcourt or lacking high end talent, with or without Watkins.

Reaction Score
The ESPN narrative on South Carolina is weird.

They aren't thin in the frontcourt or lacking high end talent, with or without Watkins.
Maybe thinner. Without Watkins they lose something. Maybe not as much as Charlie thinks. Dawn has amassed a bunch of bigs, but Ashlyn is the best of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom