ESPNW PLayer of the Year is..... | The Boneyard

ESPNW PLayer of the Year is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe voters are leaning towards making her the Player of the Year over Sims??

Reaction Score
Best line in the article:

"There are so many ways I can improve," the sophomore forward from Syracuse, N.Y., said. "That means ... just not getting complacent, and wanting to be the best player I can be."

You can imagine opposing coaches desperately saying, "Hey, Stewie, it's OK to get a little complacent! You're really great already! Ease up! Don't push yourself so hard."

LOL!

Reaction Score
Maybe voters are leaning towards making her the Player of the Year over Sims??
I think it'll be a close vote between Stewie and Ogwumike, whoever wins. When does the voting take place; before or after the NCAA tournament?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie has totally bought into what Geno is preaching. Maya did too. In fact, Maya said the exact same words--without the wisecracks--as Geno did during her senior year. Look for Stewie to be scary good the next two years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've said more than once that she would get my vote. I have a feeling that this is the first of multiple awards this season.

U

UCONNfan1

Each of those selections were fair, I think. Breanna POY, Diamond FOY and Muffet COY. Honestly, while I think Stewart is the best player in the country, I hope Ogwumike or Simms gets NPOY. Stewart will win the next 2 years. Would be nice to see a senior go out with the honor this year...

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I think it'll be a close vote between Stewie and Ogwumike, whoever wins. When does the voting take place; before or after the NCAA tournament?

If I recall correctly, voting is now-ish and awards are given either just before the tournament or around the time of the FF.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tough to imagine anyone is playing better. She's a jaw dropping pleasure to watch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stewie. No one is more deserving. Other choices would have been fair, but she's just so fantastic I'm glad she's getting the accolades she deserves. 3 NPOY awards, 4 NC's... I like the way this is going LOL!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Each of those selections were fair, I think. Breanna POY, Diamond FOY and Muffet COY. Honestly, while I think Stewart is the best player in the country, I hope Ogwumike or Simms gets NPOY. Stewart will win the next 2 years. Would be nice to see a senior go out with the honor this year...

No, it would be nice to see Stewie earn it 3years in a row!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Always felt like the Stewie Swat against Rutgers wrapped the award up. Hope she gets the Wade and Naismith too.

Reaction Score
The scary part for other schools, is if you actually listen to Stewie in interviews, she gets it. When asked about winning the championship last year, she indicates couldn't let the Seniors go out without the Championship, Stewie gets it, not about her, but about her team mates. The pressure she puts on herself is for her team mates, that's what makes Stewie great.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Most important thing for Stewie is that Geno will not let her cheat her talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom