espnW: Elena Delle Donne is WNBA MVP, headlines all-league first team | The Boneyard

espnW: Elena Delle Donne is WNBA MVP, headlines all-league first team

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Washington Mystics forward Elena Delle Donne was the unanimous choice as espnW's top player for 2019. As for our awards for coach and rookie of the year, one was decided by a decisive vote, and one was a tough call that could have gone another way.

espnW Rookie of the Year: Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx

Many observers got very invested in -- and even rather testy about -- who would win this award. The fact that it was between UConn grad Napheesa Collier of the Minnesota Lynx and Notre Dame grad Arike Ogunbowale of the Dallas Wings might have had something to do with that. But it was also the fact that No. 6 draft pick Collier and No. 5 Ogunbowale -- both of whom made position changes at the pro level -- presented compelling cases from an intriguing rookie class that as a group should have long-term impact and could have some MVP candidates at some point.

[Story]

Smart folks at ESPN. ;) Lets hope the voters for the WNBA rookie of the year see this the same way ESPNW does. :cool:

Last edited:

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Seems like EDD, Griner, Vandersloot are locks for first team, imo. Two of J.Jones/Ogwumike /Howard may get moved to second team if people want two guards on the first team. In that case, I think Chelsie Gray gets the final spot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Seems like EDD, Griner, Vandersloot are locks for first team, imo. Two of J.Jones/Ogwumike /Howard may get moved to second team if people want two guards on the first team. In that case, I think Chelsie Gray gets the final spot.

It's hard to believe that Chelsie Gray (Sparks) only got 1 vote. Admittedly, I've seen her play a lot more than I've seen Vandersloot. If I'm down by 1 point with 15 seconds left and we have the ball, and I have the choice of having the ball brought up by either one of them to run the floor for the last shot, I want the ball in Gray's hands. ;) She won't turn it over, make a bad pass, or take a bad shot.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom