OT: - ESPNU at 5:00 today...a neat high school game | The Boneyard

OT: ESPNU at 5:00 today...a neat high school game

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sidwell Friends [DC] visits Hopkins High [Minnesota] Friday.
It should be a high level game. We get frequent reports from our recruiting
experts about Sidwell...they seem to regularly have kids headed for the college game.

Hopkins HIgh? Hmmm...do we not know their most famous alum?
But they too seem to be a 'program' with consistently excellent teams with occasional elite players.

Then again: Recently Geno has expressed his belief that our alum may in fact
NOT have attended Hopkins HIgh...rather she went to Johns Hopkins University to accumulate
her considerable medical knowledge of late.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both these teams probably could beat some top 25 teams. Sidwell lack size but the team is very athletic.
Sidwell was very balanced. Studs through the lineup. Hopkins transition defense was blitzed again and again. Battle had a relatively poor game and guards were definitely overwhelmed. Nnaji seemed to be a little limp and not very effective. Agara was good but not much else from Hopkins sticks out. They kept it reasonably close with some timely 3pt shooting,

Reaction Score
after watching this game and seeing Kiki dominate that woulda been a huge get for Uconn

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Is Brady a better player than Nnaji?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is Brady a better player than Nnaji?

I think (Ice) Brady has a more diverse off game than Nnaji and hard to really assess Nnaji because Paige set her up for so many easy shots. In the game against Sidwell, did not look great but I think she had an ankle issue she was dealing with

Reaction Score
Sidwell is very impressive. Rice is one hell of a player and both Donovan and Dudley showed why they are so highly ranked. I was somewhat disappointed by Nnaji who is a big body and good on defense but seemed a bit lost.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sidwell Comes Back to Defeat DeSoto, 60-55.

While DeSoto has height and depth, Sidwell Friends used their quickness to come back in the 2nd half, led by Donovan, who finished with 25 points. Has really good hops and is just as good on the second jump. Good concentration on her drives.

Here's an 11-minute summary:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

While DeSoto has height and depth, Sidwell Friends used their quickness to come back in the 2nd half, led by Donovan, who finished with 25 points. Has really good hops and is just as good on the second jump. Good concentration on her drives.

Wow. 11-0 run by Sidwell to go from 55-49 to 55-60.

Reaction Score

Damn Dononvan is the real deal! I hope Dawn is recruiting her I haven’t seen athleticism and body control like that in a young lady in a long time. Rivers had that in HS but it hasn’t translated to the college level yet.

Rice cool calm and collected. Super relieved she’s going to UCLA she would’ve been a terror at UConn. Dudley has a nice body and frame she needs to grow into but she definitely isn’t a post. Hard watching her trying to defend Herron down low she tried her best but she’ll definitely be a perimeter player at the next level.

Really impressed with Herron and Muhammad for DeSoto. I expected Smith to show a little more than she did. Texas is getting a great one in Muhammad! Extremely athletic for 6-3, nice handles and driving ability towards the basket. Good pickup Vic! Kentucky should be happy with what they have in Herron and needed her this year to play down low. Good size and finisher down low very impressive.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The DeSoto turnovers showed a lack of poise. Some were unforced. They just could not handle Sidwell's pressure. That game goes to show how watching one game is not a good measuring stick to judge a player's ability because if that was the first time I had watched Rice I would not have been impressed. However, against Hopkins, she looked very good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom