ESPN's WCBB Recruiting Class Rankings... UConn #4 | The Boneyard

ESPN's WCBB Recruiting Class Rankings... UConn #4

Reaction Score
ESPN has us at #4. They include our newest recruit in the rankings: "UConn also tapped into the international ranks by going to Egypt for Jana El Alfy, a 6-4 finesse forward with good hands and agile feet. She moves well without the ball and is comfortable away from the basket with the ability to knock down the 3-point shot and put the ball on the floor." If only she could suit up with Dorka now injured!

Reaction Score
Well, they briefly mention ElAlfy but you can’t tell if they include her in their consideration of the rankings because she herself is unranked.
If she is a top 40-ish player, UConn should be ranked number 2-ish.

It’s a very good class.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
The ESPN writer is apparently anxious to show off their vocabulary. One point guard is described as shifty. Another is called crafty. A third, we are told, is fundamental. Another point guard gets the label entertaining. Yet one more point guard is called savvy.

Pardon me for asking, but what the hell? :eek:

Reaction Score
The ESPN writer is apparently anxious to show off their vocabulary. One point guard is described as shifty. Another is called crafty. A third, we are told, is fundamental. Another point guard gets the label entertaining. Yet one more point guard is called savvy.

Pardon me for asking, but what the hell? :eek:
Very astute of you to note the change in writing style. The byline attributes the article to Premier Basketball so it appears it was not written by ESPN personnel but by a contributor. Does anyone know what the relationship is between ESPN and Premier Basketball is?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And another recruiting service has us at #5 because there's a thread on it. So who knows.

Reaction Score
It is clear El Alfy is mentioned but not really factored in much if any in the ratings. The schools ahead of us have two very high ranked recruits, and then two or in Arizona's case one lesser ranked recruits. Q would fit in that second category, but El Alfy if she was rated and in the top 15 or so would put us ahead overall. I think most believe she would be at least that high if compared to the US recruits.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
ESPN has us at #4. They include our newest recruit in the rankings: "UConn also tapped into the international ranks by going to Egypt for Jana El Alfy, a 6-4 finesse forward with good hands and agile feet. She moves well without the ball and is comfortable away from the basket with the ability to knock down the 3-point shot and put the ball on the floor." If only she could suit up with Dorka now injured!

In my opinion, ESPN does all they can to downplay Uconn. South Carolina, and the "highly" ranked Texas and Tennessee and North Carolina State are their favorites. Just my opinion.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In my opinion, ESPN does all they can to downplay Uconn. South Carolina, and the "highly" ranked Texas and Tennessee and North Carolina State are their favorites. Just my opinion.

NC State isn't anyone's favorite, not even in their own neighborhood

Reaction Score
"ESPN Hates us" is a common refrain among ALL fanbases.
Our hate for ESPN is valid. They tried to destroy us by screwing us during conference realignment, and then they tried screwing us again with that tragic TV deal they proposed. And now they don't give us any coverage and they bad mouth us every chance they get.

Reaction Score
ESPN is just trying to make it competitive. They want to appeal to all markets and when Uconn wins all the freaking time it discourages other markets. They WANT to get people to think other teams stand a chance this year. And has been shown recently, they do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom