ESPN's midseason check-in | The Boneyard

ESPN's midseason check-in

Reaction Score

2023 FINAL FOUR PICKS (* denotes your pick for the national champion)​

Gasaway: Houston*, Tennessee, UConn, Kansas

I'm keeping two of my preseason picks -- the Cougars and the Volunteers -- and adding two teams that have surprised me. The Huskies have been magnificent, and somehow Bill Self's following up on a national championship with still another contender.

Lunardi: Houston*, Kansas, Alabama, UConn

I was never on the North Carolina bandwagon, but the absence of Kentucky here still strikes me as inconceivable. But, so be it. These are the four best teams I have seen and, until bracket matchups cause any change of heart, these are my picks for April basketball.

Medcalf: Houston*, UCLA, Purdue, Kansas

I've definitely made some changes from my preseason picks. I'll swap North Carolina, which I had winning it all, and Kentucky out for Kansas and Purdue. Zach Edey is the best player in the country, and Purdue has been dominant in its wins. And Jalen Wilson leads a versatile Kansas group that's one of America's most balanced teams.

Borzello: Houston*, UCLA, Arizona, Alabama

I too had North Carolina winning it all. For me now, Houston has the highest floor of any team in the country. UCLA has great balance, Arizona is elite offensively and Alabama just has the wild-card factor. I might regret not including Kansas.

COACH OF THE YEAR​

Medcalf: Dan Hurley, UConn

I think my original pick (Mick Cronin, UCLA) could still compete for this award. But he'll first have to outlast Tommy Lloyd (Arizona) for Pac-12 coach of the year. Hurley, meanwhile, coaches a team that was picked to finish fourth in the league's preseason poll. And I think a multitude of coaches would tell you that's the last team they want to see in the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom