ESPN's 12 High School Players to Watch in '18-'19 | The Boneyard

ESPN's 12 High School Players to Watch in '18-'19

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Several UConn players of interest:

Paige Bueckers

Junior point guard Paige Bueckers is basically caked in gold from stints with USA Basketball, winning international titles in both five-on-five and three-on-three competitions. As a sophomore, Bueckers averaged 22.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 4.1 steals for a Hopkins team (Minnetonka, Minnesota) that always seems to be in the thick of the national title hunt. The reigning Minnesota Gatorade player of the year infuses the court with poise and pizzazz.

Azzi Fudd

The smooth and smart 5-foot-11 guard at St. John's College High School is a two-time gold medalist with USA Basketball and the reigning Gatorade player of the year in Washington, D.C. Here's the catch: Azzi Fudd is only a sophomore. One of the most sure-bet prospects this side of Diana Taurasi (yes, we said it), Fudd teams up with North Carolina recruit Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo for a St. John's team that went 32-2 last season and finished third in the final espnW 25 Power Rankings.

Hannah Gusters

Duncanville (Texas) always seems to be part of the discussion when it comes time to crown a national champion. This season, Hannah Gusters will have a big say in the matter. The consistent and physical 6-foot-4 junior post player averaged 13.3 points and 7.4 rebounds as a sophomore. With Zarielle Green now suiting up for Tennessee, Gusters takes the wheel for the Texas powerhouse.

Haley Jones

We'll start by saying Haley Jones is the No. 1 senior prospect in the country. The 6-foot-1 forward spent her summer striking gold with USA Basketball at the FIBA U17 World Cup. She spent her junior year averaging 21.8 points, 10.0 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 2.5 blocks and 2.0 steals for Archbishop Mitty, which finished the season ranked No. 1 in the 2017-18 espnW 25 Power Rankings. She is California's reigning Gatorade player of the year. Simply put, this is a premier player at a premier program.

High school hoops stars to watch in 2018-19 girls' basketball season

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
ESPN missed an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. UCONN will be watching both of these players closely.

1541109124012.png

Reaction Score
I personally am pretty high on Cardosa. I think she has all the tools to be an elite center. Seems pretty mobile for 6’6”. I’m sure that Mississippi State and Esmery Martinez are working very, very hard get Kamilla’s signature. Maybe the closest thing I’ve seen to Teaira.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Suprised not seeing Boston listed. I’m still not sold on Cardosa.

Yup, in regards to Boston.
But what about her full-court and 3x3 teammate from this summer? You know, the Little Engine That Could, Hailey Van Lith? That's a player I'd go see.

Others I'd be interested in seeing:
- Amari DeBerry
- Caitlin Clark

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Suprised not seeing Boston listed. I’m still not sold on Cardosa.
This is ESPN pandering by major cities: Notice: NYC, DC, Detriot, LA. No disrespect intended but Kaelynn Satterfield
at CTK is a nice player but hardly a "must see" player.
Cardosa team was also in the ESPN HS tournament at the end of the season for the last two years and will likely be there again.

Reaction Score
Having watched Paige Bueckers play basketball for many years, this young lady is fearless. Great seeing her getting so much love and attention from the press outside of the great state of Minnesota.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom