ESPN's 10 Best Freshmen for 2019/2020 | The Boneyard

ESPN's 10 Best Freshmen for 2019/2020

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So many Fr. to choose from, very difficult task. I would really like to see Alex Fowler from Portland on here. Big numbers and would have led them to their first NCAA Tourney appearance since 1997 if the Tournament had happened. If a player from 'Nova made the list, don't see why not.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So many Fr. to choose from, very difficult task. I would really like to see Alex Fowler from Portland on here. Big numbers and would have led them to their first NCAA Tourney appearance since 1997 if the Tournament had happened. If a player from 'Nova made the list, don't see why not.
Siegrist was Big East Freshman of the Year. I realize you probably never saw her play, but she was fantastic.

Portland may have won the WCC tournament, but let's not go overboard. They were still only a borderline top 100 team. The WCC is nowhere near the level of the BE.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Looking at Stats only its understandable that Anna and Aubrey didn't make the list, but both were valuable for UConn.

Lots of really good freshmen this season after a couple of subpar classes. Future is bright.

Reaction Score
The Overall and Top 3 Freshman are clear.

There are couple of Players who weren't considered due to injury, Anaya Peoples and Haley Jones, who otherwise should have made the list.

I am glad Brunelle didn't make the list as we can all agree she is a below average shooter but Cooke was a worse shooter than her. The only reason Cooke made the list is because you plays on the No. 1 ranked team (or perhaps the 'Staley' effect which worked for Harris). If I was to pick an inefficient shooter it would be Fair (Buffalo).

I too would have liked to see Fowler get recognized.

Reaction Score
The biggest surprise to me was no ACC player made the list. The SEC had 4, PAC12 three (with none from Stanford's top Freshman class who shared lots of minutes), and 1 each from the three "Bigs" (10, 12, & East). I also think this would have been a different team if we had the NCAA/NIT tourneys and seen how some of the Freshman played in those big games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The biggest surprise to me was no ACC player made the list. The SEC had 4, PAC12 three (with none from Stanford's top Freshman class who shared lots of minutes), and 1 each from the three "Bigs" (10, 12, & East). I also think this would have been a different team if we had the NCAA/NIT tourneys and seen how some of the Freshman played in those big games.
Not surprising to me. This isn't the electoral college. Conferences aren't alloted bids. The ACC just didn't have a good freshman class. Peoples might've made the list had she not been injured. And I don't think that would've changed if the NCAA tournament hadn't been canceled.

Reaction Score
Not surprising to me. This isn't the electoral college. Conferences aren't alloted bids. The ACC just didn't have a good freshman class. Peoples might've made the list had she not been injured. And I don't think that would've changed if the NCAA tournament hadn't been canceled.
I didn't think there would be more ACC folks added, I actually thought one of the Stanford frosh (Prechtel or Belibi) or some others would have looked good in the tourney. Given how the ACC had done well in prior years recruiting, I just thought at least would have made the top ten. I wasn't arguing with the list, just surprised.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I didn't think there would be more ACC folks added, I actually thought one of the Stanford frosh (Prechtel or Belibi) or some others would have looked good in the tourney. Given how the ACC had done well in prior years recruiting, I just thought at least would have made the top ten. I wasn't arguing with the list, just surprised.
Actually, now that I think about it, the ACC freshman who probably got the most serious consideration was Liz Kitley of Virginia Tech. She averaged 12.6 ppg on 56% FG and 7.5 rpg for an NCAA tournament team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom