ESPN3 | The Boneyard

ESPN3

Reaction Score
I noticed that ESPN3 and SNY broadcast the same UConn games... I can’t get SNY anymore but I do have ESPN3... a big problem, however, is that I can’t record the games on ESPN3.. ( I don’t think I can...) YOUTUBE TV will allow this...so, I may subscribe for 40/month just for this feature. I wonder why SNY is not televising all of the games...???

Reaction Score
It is my observation that SNY has the contract rights to televise any UConn regular season home game and conference away games, except any game picked up for a national telecast: ESPN, ESPN2, CBSSN, FoxSports etc. I think (but not sure) SNY can also telecast away non conference games not covered under another conference network: Pac12, Big 10, Big 12. It gets a little more complicated with SEC and ACC (there may be others) that have simultaneous broadcast contracts with ESPN. Until last year any SNY game could also be viewed on ESPN3. If SNY is available from your local cable provider it now seems that the game is blacked out on ESPN3.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just to review again:
ESPN owns the rights to all AAC conference major sports. They have an agreement with SNY that allows SNY to keep their contract with Uconn to broadcast any Uconn games not picked up by CBS Sports or ESPN and not covered by another conference's TV contract. In return for granting SNY the broadcast rights, ESPN gets the SNY broadcast feed to stream on ESPN3. This has been true since the inception of the AAC conference. Prior to that the BE TV contract did not include WCBB so SNY owned the Uconn WCBB rights directly and had also set up a streaming service.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I noticed that ESPN3 and SNY broadcast the same UConn games... I can’t get SNY anymore but I do have ESPN3... a big problem, however, is that I can’t record the games on ESPN3.. ( I don’t think I can...) YOUTUBE TV will allow this...so, I may subscribe for 40/month just for this feature. I wonder why SNY is not televising all of the games...???

You should be able to watch ESPN3 games on demand (at least for a while) so if your concern is simply watching the game at a more convenient time, there would be no need for additional expense.

If you want to save the games for a long period of time, that's a different story, but as noted you should be covered by the UConn Husky Games website.

Reaction Score
I just scrolled through the ESPN3 schedule to the UCONN game, Saturday.... it’s live at 6:00, but it also lists it from 6 pm to 2 am.... DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE GAME WILL BE REPLAYED A FEW TIMES , up to 2am??? I’m new to this.... I hope they replay the game... I can watch it later in the evening..

Reaction Score
Shortly after the start of the calendar year NBC Sports has gained some kind of ownership/control of SNY. Due to the infighting of rival cable companies, etc., SNY was dropped. That’s why I dropped Comcast. Unfortunately, the only way I can now get SNY is by Directv, but that requires a two year commitment and I have too many trees.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I just scrolled through the ESPN3 schedule to the UCONN game, Saturday.... it’s live at 6:00, but it also lists it from 6 pm to 2 am.... DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE GAME WILL BE REPLAYED A FEW TIMES , up to 2am??? I’m new to this.... I hope they replay the game... I can watch it later in the evening..

You can typically access replays on demand using ESPN3. See link - WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

I'm not familiar with specific rights issues regarding ESPN and SNY that others have mentioned. But if a replay is available via ESPN3, that would be the link to check.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shortly after the start of the calendar year NBC Sports has gained some kind of ownership/control of SNY. Due to the infighting of rival cable companies, etc., SNY was dropped. That’s why I dropped Comcast. Unfortunately, the only way I can now get SNY is by Directv, but that requires a two year commitment and I have too many trees.
How to Watch SNY Without Cable - Follow Your NY Teams

Reaction Score
A few minutes after the game is over, it is available in the replay section.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You can get a "portable" DirecTV receiver that sets on a tripod, and can be moved anywhere on your property you see fit. People that have travel trailers and motor homes often use these portable HD receiver dishes that work everywhere just fine. In campgrounds, or out in the middle of nowhere (as long as you have a power source).

If you want to subscribe to DirecTV, having trees is NOT a problem (unless your house is completely surrounded by trees within 100' of your home. If so, then you'll have to get creative). Any professional satellite dish installer worth his/her salt can figure something out. You can find a local retailer that sells these portable dishes on the world wide web. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom