ESPN write up on the team | The Boneyard

ESPN write up on the team

Reaction Score
I just spent 10 minutes with some customer service person on the ESPN website trying to figure out my password so I could read that article and the conversation ended with me just asking the dude to cancel my subscription.

Edit: Jokes on me. I was already logged in on a different browser.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just spent 10 minutes with some customer service person on the ESPN website trying to figure out my password so I could read that article and the conversation ended with me just asking the dude to cancel my subscription.
I cancelled my subscription because even when logged in and seeing espn+ active I couldn't read articles under the espn+ banner. Its a bad service.

Reaction Score
"And, how Hurley manufactures offense will be an ongoing question as there is not a great deal of playmaking on the roster at first glance."

Wasn't this comment made about both of the last two teams? "We don't have a point guard," "who's going to create at the end of a shot clock?".

When you run the kind of offense we do, you don't need to make plays 1-on-1.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
They will be.
IMG_8571.gif

Reaction Score
I only have it because we get it with Disney+. I don't think I would subscribe to it by itself.
I did last year for fantasy football recommendations and it did help me win my league. It was just annoying when I wanted to read insider articles

Reaction Score
Wow--ESPN really not impressed by Mahaney.
Yeah, this really jumped out at me:

Saint Mary's transfer Aidan Mahaney will have room to grow on both ends of the floor from what we saw in practice, and the staff will need to get creative with how they move players around in the half court.

I think he’ll be fine, just not as good as our last combo guard transferring up to a higher level. Hopefully nobody expects him to be Cam.

JLW

Reaction Score
ESPN and the powers that be have never given UConn their due until they had no choice, all the way back to Billy Packer on CBS.

Reaction Score
ESPN and the powers that be have never given UConn their due until they had no choice, all the way back to Billy Packer on CBS.
I remember how he said Smitty was carrying the ball, and I really disliked Packer for a very long time.

Reaction Score
Here is a summation of the article:

Went to a UConn practice after they lost a number of key players to the draft. Lots of question marks and I don't know how it will play out, but there is talent. Not sure what to make of Mahaney so he is a question mark. Danny Hurley is a maniac and he coaches his players and assistant coaches hard. That said, I think Karaban, Liam, and Stewart could be NBA draft choices next year.

Reaction Score
Here is a summation of the article:

Went to a UConn practice after they lost a number of key players to the draft. Lots of question marks and I don't know how it will play out, but there is talent. Not sure what to make of Mahaney so he is a question mark. Danny Hurley is a maniac and he coaches his players and assistant coaches hard. That said, I think Karaban, Liam, and Stewart could be NBA draft choices next year.
You forgot to add "uses lots of four-letter words"!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom