Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Oh woe is us.

What a disaster. Geno should be fired. And CD too.

That's CD the elder. CD the younger should be the new head coach. The UConn program needs more youthful energy and enthusiasm. On to a brighter future!!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I just spent one hour looking up every player from the the top 20 recruiting schools.... Couldn't find that player w/ initals KML, the one nicknamed "Stewie", that 6'5" center named Dolson, two fast as heck guards Banks and Jefferson, former AA named Hartley, power forward they call "Tuck" or an up & comer called Kia.... Oh yeah, they ALREADY play for UConn....lol

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
This has happened before. When a team is stacked with quality players top ranked recruits are going to look elsewhere. A wing/sm fwd looking at CT can probably see nothing but a couple of years of bench time.

Speaking of Chong, does anyone know why she is ranked so low by HoopGurlz?

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
She is ranked low because she never played on the extensive travelling AAU teams in the summers -- and was thus not at the summer tournaments where the scouts see most of the top players on a repeating basis.

Saniya has just been below the radar of most of the evaluators.

Given all the New York State records Saniya has broken, the scouts should be ashamed that they have not seen her more than they have.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This has happened before. When a team is stacked with quality players top ranked recruits are going to look elsewhere. A wing/sm fwd looking at CT can probably see nothing but a couple of years of bench time.

Speaking of Chong, does anyone know why she is ranked so low by HoopGurlz?
They didn't seem to update anything after they updated back in the late summer. And they don't seem to follow HS basketball too much, mostly AAU circuit.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What a disaster. Geno should be fired. And CD too.

That's CD the elder. CD the younger should be the new head coach. The UConn program needs more youthful energy and enthusiasm. On to a brighter future!!
:D

In 2009 UCONN's recruiting class was ranked #49. That class seemed to do ok as a senior class (2013) though.

Reaction Score
They didn't seem to update anything after they updated back in the late summer. And they don't seem to follow HS basketball too much, mostly AAU circuit.
Who from ESPN is even following the AAU circuit these days? Didn't all their recruiting people for women's hoops leave?

At this point, I consider the ESPN rankings the least credible of all the publicly available rankings.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Someone has to say it, "WE'RE DOOMED!"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
:D

In 2009 UCONN's recruiting class was ranked #49. That class seemed to do ok as a senior class (2013) though.
We had Kelly, and they didn't. In 8 years of postseason play, she lost only to Notre Dame.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
She is ranked low because she never played on the extensive travelling AAU teams in the summers -- and was thus not at the summer tournaments where the scouts see most of the top players on a repeating basis.

Saniya has just been below the radar of most of the evaluators.

Given all the New York State records Saniya has broken, the scouts should be ashamed that they have not seen her more than they have.
Didn't realize Chong broke the NY career scoring record for both boys and girls. That's an amazing feat since it puts her ahead of the total for legends such as Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Julius Erving, Bob Cousy, Bernard King, Kenny Anderson, Lenny Wilkins, Billy Cunningham, Connie Hawkins, Bob Lanier, Chris Mullin, and Pearl Washington, not to mention such UConn stars as Ben Gordon, Kemba Walker, Wes Bialosuknia, Cliff Robinson, Hilton Armstrong, and Andre Drummond. Heads up with the women there's stars such as Sue Bird, Tina Charles, Breanna Stewart, Chamiqua Holdsclaw, and many many more.

Very impressive.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
To me what's even more impressive with this is that she had so many assists!

To be able to score the basketball and be a high volume assist guard is quite an accomplishment!

Reaction Score
Where did Nelson and Chris Hansen and the HoopGirls people go? What website are they at now now? I would love to follow their stuff, they seem to do a really nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom