ESPN votes: Ducks win it all. Sabrina gets Wade Trophy again & 3 Ducks are WBCA AAs. | The Boneyard

ESPN votes: Ducks win it all. Sabrina gets Wade Trophy again & 3 Ducks are WBCA AAs.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
ESPN Making these picks seem to help Dawns claim of a title;)
Well Mechelle's on your side since she's an SEC homer and Missou grad so it was 3-1. The Duck's got Lobo's vote which matter most to me. At least Harris made the WBCA All American team with the 3 Ducks and Boston got FOY. She probably would have made the AA team if Freshman were eligible.

Still too bad they couldn't have really played.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well Mechelle's on your side since she's an SEC homer and Missou grad so it was 3-1. The Duck's got Lobo's vote which matter most to me. At least Harris made the WBCA All American team with the 3 Ducks and Boston got FOY. She probably would have made the AA team if Freshman were eligible.

Freshmen are eligible. Just wasnt picked evidently.

Reaction Score
Freshmen are eligible. Just wasnt picked evidently.
You may be right, but I was confused by the paragraph " The Wade Trophy, which dates back to 1978, is presented by the WBCA to the top women's basketball player among sophomores, juniors and seniors in Division I and is named after Lily Margaret Wade, who coached Delta State to three AIAW titles in the 1970s. Freshmen are not eligible for the award; the WBCA's Freshman of the Year honor went to South Carolina's Aliyah Boston on Wednesday."

Maybe they are eligible for AA but not the Wade award, but they were announced together so I thought that was the case.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
You may be right, but I was confused by the paragraph " The Wade Trophy, which dates back to 1978, is presented by the WBCA to the top women's basketball player among sophomores, juniors and seniors in Division I and is named after Lily Margaret Wade, who coached Delta State to three AIAW titles in the 1970s. Freshmen are not eligible for the award; the WBCA's Freshman of the Year honor went to South Carolina's Aliyah Boston on Wednesday."

Maybe they are eligible for AA but not the Wade award, but they were announced together so I thought that was the case.

That's strange that freshmen are flat out ineligible for Wade.....but past freshmen have made the WBCA teams so pretty sure they're eligible.

Reaction Score
I would have loved to have seen them rise to the challenge of being a favorite with 1 last shot to win it. I also would have loved to see the rumored debut of Nyara Sabally (would have added some much needed depth) for the Tournament. The Ducks were stacked and with any contribution from Satou's 6' 5" talented sister Nyara, the Ducks would have had no real weaknesses.

Reaction Score
I am surprised it was not unanimous since they were ESPN pick to win it all in the preseason.

Reaction Score

Missouri fans hate South Carolina.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ESPN Making these picks seem to help Dawns claim of a title;)

Who has ESPN picked to win the title the previous 3 seasons? Im not convinced that Oregon was gonna win, alot of examples of talented senior led teams... looking for their first title.....folding under the pressure that only March Madness brings.

Reaction Score
Weird comment about South Carolina or Baylor not being able to hold Oregon in the 60s, or that either would necessarily have had to, as well as both those teams could defend and score.

Reaction Score
Michelle is a smart lady.
You might want to spell her name right unless you want us to question your smarts.

Reaction Score
You might want to spell her name right unless you want us to question your smarts.

I think that happens on a daily basis anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom