ESPN updated Top 25 | The Boneyard

ESPN updated Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No-Longer-Way-Too-Early Top 25 in college hoops

21. Connecticut Huskies
Dubbing a team the class of the American Athletic Conference may not be the most fawning of compliments, but it appears to be true of Connecticut. Whether the Huskies will transcend these kinds of jokes (and they already have, forcefully so) will depend on what kind of leap Kevin Ollie coaxes from sophomore point guard Jalen Adams. Losing Daniel Hamilton was a blow, but there's more talent on the way. Plus, despite all of last season's frustrations, the Huskies were almost always one of the 15 best per-possession defenses in the country. That's a pretty good place to start.

Up from 24 previously.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No stop too much hype now we won't win a championship.

Reaction Score
No-Longer-Way-Too-Early Top 25 in college hoops

21. Connecticut Huskies
Dubbing a team the class of the American Athletic Conference may not be the most fawning of compliments, but it appears to be true of Connecticut. Whether the Huskies will transcend these kinds of jokes (and they already have, forcefully so) will depend on what kind of leap Kevin Ollie coaxes from sophomore point guard Jalen Adams. Losing Daniel Hamilton was a blow, but there's more talent on the way. Plus, despite all of last season's frustrations, the Huskies were almost always one of the 15 best per-possession defenses in the country. That's a pretty good place to start.

Up from 24 previously.

I know many of you don't like the Doyel's, Parrish's, etc., but Brennan is the guy that I personally don't care for. Rather read Vitale's take on ESPN.

Reaction Score
It's funny how the AAC gets dumped on for not being as good as the P5s but the MWC gets credit for being better than the rest of the G5s, save the AAC.

Reaction Score
I know many of you don't like the Doyel's, Parrish's, etc., but Brennan is the guy that I personally don't care for. Rather read Vitale's take on ESPN.

Agreed. He's the type of guy who seems like he should be blogging.

It's funny how the AAC gets dumped on for not being as good as the P5s but the MWC gets credit for being better than the rest of the G5s, save the AAC.

I was surprised to see CBS describe the AAC as part of "the seven power conferences" in their preview the other day. Even I don't give the conference that much respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom