ESPN: Top 5 at each position...and more! | The Boneyard

ESPN: Top 5 at each position...and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Monique Oliver get some love in the 4 position.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone? Seriously, what has she done to date? Is WCBB that lacking in good centers? I've seen nothing from her so far that would put her in the top 5.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone? Seriously, what has she done to date? Is WCBB that lacking in good centers? I've seen nothing from her so far that would put her in the top 5.
Well she did have a pretty good freshman year at SC. But she didn't really do much last year, kind of expected her to set the world on fire coming out of high school being the #2 recruit right behind BG.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Every year, we have someone who does not read the disclaimer that after the best player, the other four are listed in alphabetical order. :)

I was guilty when i read this yesterday... I saw Bone ahead of Williams and was like.. wait just a minute.

Reaction Score
I have to agree about Kelsey Bone. She is no where near a top flight center. She has big bulk but her skill set leaves a lot to be desired. Against smaller or weaker centers, she'd do alright but not against someone with some size and talent. I'm really thrilled that she didn't go to UConn who seemed to be the leader for a long time according to the recruiting sites. Not impressed at all.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting list. Can't really argue with any of them. I do agree that Bone did not have a spectular season last year but its hard to find another Center to fill the spot with. Maybe Aysa Bussie (West Virginia) and Power Forward I really like Karisma Penn (Illinois).

Just a few mentions and I agree on Monique Oliver.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
To those of yall who say Bone doesnt belong on the list.... would you put Dunning of WVU on before her? I love her game, and she definitely will get more touches this season with Bussie being out.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bone had a nice game in the loss to L'ville. 14 points and 12 rebounds. In fact, the next leading scorer on the team only scored 7. I tend to agree if you are looking at centers, there don't seem to be that many elite ones in WCBB. But I'm sure some will emerge during the course of the year.

Reaction Score
Bone had a nice game in the loss to L'ville. 14 points and 12 rebounds. In fact, the next leading scorer on the team only scored 7. I tend to agree if you are looking at centers, there don't seem to be that many elite ones in WCBB. But I'm sure some will emerge during the course of the year.

I expect Bone to cont to mature and have a very good season! Alot is going to be placed on her with all of the young players. Up until now given her ranking she has underperformed,but transferring etal has made it harder in her particular case!

It makes me think of Steph who at one time was ranked in the top 10 at HG and ended up being #39/42? Though she was a McD AA,the kid we saw come in here as a FR is now an Elite Post and transformed incredibly entering her JR Year! One more reason to be so excited about the team with her for the next 2 seasons.

Remember the kid against Griner in her FR Season?
Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69