ESPN: Top 25 storylines in WCBB | The Boneyard

ESPN: Top 25 storylines in WCBB

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Lots of nice blurbs in this article, including:
2. Can UConn make a 13th consecutive Final Four?
5. The return of the UConn-Tennessee rivalry
24. Will UConn complete a perfect run in the AAC before returning to the Big East?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Lots of nice blurbs in this article, including:
2. Can UConn make a 13th consecutive Final Four?
5. The return of the UConn-Tennessee rivalry
24. Will UConn complete a perfect run in the AAC before returning to the Big East?

Good article. Whoever wrote this has some misinformation about Oklahoma though..."Can the Sooners, picked seventh in the Big 12 this season, make it 20 consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament under Coale?"

They finished 8-22 a year ago and 4-14 in conference. If anyone is on the hot seat, it should be Coale considering she's one of the highest paid coaches in the nation and her team has been mediocre for almost a decade now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They swerved out their lane and jumped into volleyball, hmm. Plummer from Stanford has missed a big chunk of this season, pretty erroneous to call her the best player in the country at this point.

Reaction Score
They swerved out their lane and jumped into volleyball, hmm. Plummer from Stanford has missed a big chunk of this season, pretty erroneous to call her the best player in the country at this point.
Plummer is so good she can play in half the games and should still be considered the best player in the country. NOBODY in college hits the ball like Plummer does.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe Anna will be one of the more accurate three point shooters on the team. That zero for five won't be something we will see often, imo.
Based on what? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She's widely acknowledged as the best player. Whether she ends up playing enough matches to qualify for individual awards is another story.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She's widely acknowledged as the best player. Whether she ends up playing enough matches to qualify for individual awards is another story.

She's a 2 time National POY, so of course her reputation is established. But she hasn't played since the end of September and only appeared in 2 matches in conference play. I think she's already at the point of missing too much of the season to be POY again.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She's a 2 time National POY, so of course her reputation is established. But she hasn't played since the end of September and only appeared in 2 matches in conference play. I think she's already at the point of missing too much of the season to be POY again.
We are saying the same thing. "Best player" =/= Recipient of NPOY award

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We are saying the same thing. "Best player" =/= Recipient of NPOY award

I'm more angling towards--to be the best player, you have to be playing. I haven't heard any kind of time frame for her return.

Not really applicable, but I remember a few years back when Hayley Hodson made a big splash as a Fr. at Stanford, looked to be the next great player there. Played a few matches as a soph, then never played again.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Based on what? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious.
Just from watching her highlight videos and first night and her experience. Of course I may be wrong but I believe her experience against older players has prepared her for the D1 college game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom