ESPN Top 25 Players | The Boneyard

ESPN Top 25 Players

Reaction Score
While I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that Jalen should be expected to be one of the top PGs in the country next year, I don't necessarily have a problem with him not being on our list. These lists are always so terrible and are of course meaningless.

The best thing we'll have going for us next season is pent up frustration and anger. No pre-season accolades will help turn this seasons injury riddled train wreck into a tournament capable team next year. Just talented, angry, players.

That said:
- He led AAC in assists
- Was near the top in FG%
- Was playing an insane number of minutes per game
- Is definitely going to be amazing next year, but his APG will probably decrease sharing ball handling more

Reaction Score
A lot of it has to do with his usage and our reliance on him, but Jalen was far from efficient last year. I wouldn't put him on a preseason top 25 list, but I recognize he certainly has that potential this year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Leaving off the freshman I don't have a problem with it.

Jalen was the best player on a poor team in a garbage conference. He's really good but he doesn't deserve to be on this list yet.

Reaction Score
Jalen should be on there but you kind of had to have watched him play to be able to see it. I don't blame him for missing that one.

But Grayson Allen at #1 is a real head-scratcher and somebody tell me what I'm missing about Devonte Graham. That kid Eric Nika from BYU should be on there.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Jalen should be on there but you kind of had to have watched him play to be able to see it. I don't blame him for missing that one.

But Grayson Allen at #1 is a real head-scratcher and somebody tell me what I'm missing about Devonte Graham. That kid Eric Nika from BYU should be on there.

Nika left for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Is definitely going to be amazing next year, but his APG will probably decrease sharing ball handling more
I agree but hopefully the team scores more points so that will help his APG. The offense can't possibly be as bad as it was last year. Please tell me it can't!

Reaction Score
Not really concerned with some list like this, Adams has proven he can compete with the best (I mean he was first team aac last year)... just needs the team to start winning more.

Reaction Score
If you want to argue that the Freshman should not be included that is fine, I can buy that, but there is not a single returning player on that list that is ridiculous to have over Jalen. I mean those are all really good players (not that Jalen isnt).

Reaction Score
Really does this guy believe this? Who is John Gasaway any how?

Awful list full of Dukies one who's a punk and the others who haven't even seen the floor. What a joke these people are.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Grayson was not that great last year. So it is weird.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're going to see so many zones...

Until we stop running Jordan era NBA offense why wouldn't we? It was certainly the case last year. Hoping for a change from the staff.

Reaction Score
Diallo doesn't belong on this list. He's much more athlete than basketball player at the moment.

Reaction Score
Half of these guys (esp freshman) are on this list for click bait and pleasing the top teams fans.

But let's be honest here...

Jalen doesn't deserve to be on this list at the present time. If Joel Berry is that far down, JA wouldn't sniff the top 50 by this guys standards.

Grayson is absolutely the preseason player of the year, especially with so many from that team gone.

Devonte Graham would be #2 if it wasn't for his disappearance late in the tourney.

Michael Porter I need to see to believe, but only 2 frosh I've seen have ever lived up to the insane hype (A.Davis and B.Simmons)

Hamidou wont even be the 3rd best player on UKs team skill wise.

Reaction Score
Collin Sexton will be better than Duval. Young Bull will love this list. No love for Bama. Love that kid.

Reaction Score
I can't even be bothered to give them a click and Grayson Allen will definitely not end up as the top CBB talent.

The board doesn't have the best track record with complaining about the ESPN player rankings. I seem to remember a lot of criticism of AB being ranked in the 90's and basically a board uproar that Purvis wasn't found in the top 100 two seasons ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom