ESPN TOP 10 Plays Pretty Insane | The Boneyard

ESPN TOP 10 Plays Pretty Insane

Reaction Score
1. Thought the behind-the-back pass at # 6 was one of the very best I've ever seen, and I grew up on Bob Cousy.
2. Never thought I'd hear "the University of Chicago" in an ESPN sports highlight package
3. Crystal's play was really, really, really special.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
2. Never thought I'd hear "the University of Chicago" in an ESPN sports highlight package

I didn't really think so either and I went there! But yeah, our women's soccer program has been very good for quite a while. Sadly, the Maroons came up just short, losing to Williams 1-0 in the national championship game. The men also made the Final Four (lost on penalties in the semis).

Women's basketball had a brief window as a D3 title contender (which led to the then-coach Aaron Roussell getting the Bucknell job) and have since reverted to good-but-not-great.

Reaction Score
I didn't really think so either and I went there! But yeah, our women's soccer program has been very good for quite a while. Sadly, the Maroons came up just short, losing to Williams 1-0 in the national championship game. The men also made the Final Four (lost on penalties in the semis).

Women's basketball had a brief window as a D3 title contender (which led to the then-coach Aaron Roussell getting the Bucknell job) and have since reverted to good-but-not-great.
"Where fun comes to die," huh?

Reaction Score
When Crystal handles and changes direction getting rid of the defender to get the ball to Z it is so fun to watch.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually #4 (The volleyball kick) was the best imho. I never saw anything like it. :confused: Crystal made the cut at #9 for her beautiful curling pass into Z
during the ND game. :D

That kick was insane. Like the announcer I didn't know a kick was allowed in volleyball. As kicks go, it was quite a kick.

Reaction Score
Bags, bags, bags ... tsk, tsk... how soon we forget. Amere, what 13/14 years ago... sure the Alaskan missed, but:

touch pass: a different animal, but no less wonderful.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
touch pass: a different animal, but no less wonderful.

In her professional career DT turned the no look pass into a high art form. That high light reel would go on and on and on and on.... Actually, they are all over YouTube if you ever get bored. Her insane work in scoring inside the paint, whole different planet. Once, for about two weeks, I caught fire in shooting and during that time the rim was extraneous, because what I felt, not saw, but felt was where the space inside the rim was. I suspect that is where DT lives every time she steps onto the court. Yeah, I confess, I'm a DT junkie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom