bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Three to See:
KML
Stewie
Jewell

Need to know:
Nina Davis (Baylor); Brittany Boyd (Cal); Moriah Jefferson (UConn); Elizabeth Williams (Duke); Lexi Brown (Maryland); Rachel Banham (Minnesota); Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina); Aleighsa Welch (South Carolina); A’sa Wilson (South Carolina) and Isabelle Harrison (Tennessee).

LINK

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
AND

Sue Bird, WNBA star and former All-American at UConn, has joined ESPN for the 2014-15 season and will call games on ESPN2, ESPNU and Longhorn Network this season.

:D:D:D
Great news! Sue getting ready for her next career.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
AND

Sue Bird, WNBA star and former All-American at UConn, has joined ESPN for the 2014-15 season and will call games on ESPN2, ESPNU and Longhorn Network this season.

I echo Pap's 'great news'

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
AND

YAHOO! In addition to SueB, we get Becca, Kara L. and Kevin N. in studio for the season.( And this may be a plus or minus, depending on whether you like blather, but Dave and Doris for the Stanford game.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Three to See:
KML
Stewie
Jewell

Need to know:
Nina Davis (Baylor); Brittany Boyd (Cal); Moriah Jefferson (UConn); Elizabeth Williams (Duke); Lexi Brown (Maryland); Rachel Banham (Minnesota); Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina); Aleighsa Welch (South Carolina); A’sa Wilson (South Carolina) and Isabelle Harrison (Tennessee).

LINK

I assume everyone who complained about the idea of a "3 to see" in the past, will complain again about it being a terrible idea.

Ha.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I am ecstatic with this list. This is all about ESPN making a decision to expand the grouping of WCBB players the network wants you to follow through college and into the WNBA, in some cases (A'ja) from their freshman year. That's smart and good for the promotion of the sport.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hmmm...Would anyone here trade MoJet for Lloyd even up?
No but Lloyd is terrific and I can see why she's one of the 3 to see... Mo wasn't even named to the preseason AA team. In fact, I don't think she was even an honorable mention. With Stewie and KML on the team, it's logical she won't get as much publicity, but she's every bit as spectacular as they are...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd will be an All Pro in the WNBA in three years top. Moriah will be a good player in the WNBA, not sure she ever makes All Pro. Geno needs Moriah as the PG. However, I'm not sure if you couldn't slide Kia Nurse as the PG and then start Jewell as the 2 guard and then this UConn team would be significantly stronger if team chemistry and Geno's style of play could continue. Geno wouldn't trade Moriah for Jewell, but at the next level most teams would.

If you're going to include A'ja Wilson in the list, then I would have also included Brianna Turner of ND who might end up better then A'ja.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd will be an All Pro in the WNBA in three years top. Moriah will be a good player in the WNBA, not sure she ever makes All Pro. Geno needs Moriah as the PG. However, I'm not sure if you couldn't slide Kia Nurse as the PG and then start Jewell as the 2 guard and then this UConn team would be significantly stronger if team chemistry and Geno's style of play could continue. Geno wouldn't trade Moriah for Jewell, but at the next level most teams would.

As a Sky fan, I'd take Jewell over Epiphanny Prince today.

It will be really interesting to see what an unleashed Jewell will do this year.

Jefferson best PG in college basketball. Loyd best SG.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...Would anyone here trade MoJet for Lloyd even up?
I can't be objective because I think the world of MoJet. But this question might be more easily answered after UCONN plays ND. Hopefully MoJet D's up against Loyd.

45 TO GO

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

If you're going to include A'ja Wilson in the list, then I would have also included Brianna Turner of ND who might end up better then A'ja.
You may be right, but Moriah is bigger than Latta, and IMHO light years better. If Latta can be a star, no reason Mo can't be a superstar. I'm not sure why you are discounting her talents - I can see her pushing to make the US National team when the time comes.

Reaction Score
I can't be objective because I think the world of MoJet. But this question might be more easily answered after UCONN plays ND. Hopefully MoJet D's up against Loyd.

45 TO GO

You forgot, no one can guard Jewel Loyd except her brother. That is something I didn't know until she told us, I think she spent too much time with Sky Dig.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I assume everyone who complained about the idea of a "3 to see" in the past, will complain again about it being a terrible idea.

Ha.
actually, if ESPN handles it the same way, yes.
My complaint about "3 to See" wasn't the three players chosen - it was that it became the only story ESPN flogged. Rather than investing the time and effort to examine and present the wonder and complexity that was the season, "3 to See" became a convenient crutch, almost a knee-jerk spasm, simplistic and repetitive. Their coverage began and ended with it. So, yeah, if, in February and March, ESPN is still running the same "3 to See! 3 to See!" that they begin the season with in November, rather than evolve their coverage as the season evolves, I'll be beyotchin'. OK, TJI, you can jump in with "any coverage is better than no coverage"!:p

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
We did a pretty good job on her in the NC.
In the NC game, Loyd shot 50% from the arc, had a 2.0 A\TO ratio, pulled down 6 rebounds, shot 75% from the stripe, and had a block and a steal, which is all pretty decent if you're willing to overlook the 27% FG shooting. A nice person would.

Reaction Score
In the NC game, Loyd shot 50% from the arc, had a 2.0 A\TO ratio, pulled down 6 rebounds, shot 75% from the stripe, and had a block and a steal, which is all pretty decent if you're willing to overlook the 27% FG shooting. A nice person would.
Baa Humbug

Reaction Score
Remember that this is not the best players per se, it is the best players to WATCH.

The clear best player on one of the best teams will of course be someone to watch.
In contrast, I'd say that Maya Moore on the San Antonio Spurs would not be so interesting. Does that mean Jewell Loyd is better than Maya -- absolutely not!
The point: context is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul