ESPN SVP & Russillo... Anyone listen today? | The Boneyard

ESPN SVP & Russillo... Anyone listen today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They had a question, would you rather be kansas with 11 reg. season titles or uconn with the championships? I didn't get to listen, can someone post it? what kansas is doing is insane, i give them props... but the conference was never as good as the big east, they would not come close to that... i'd take national championships and win a conference title here and there... you can still be dominant or really good and not win a conference title every single year, depending on the league

Reaction Score
After last year's title, I'd say Uconn hands down. Four titles is just unreal and what, something only four other programs have done?

But, I could see an the argument from the other side as well.

The stretches of Uconn just kicking ass, like from 94-99 then again in those years from 2002-2009, were great years to be a fan. Uconn was pretty consistently good during those years, with 1997 and 2007 being rebuilding years.

Kansas basically has that every year minus one of those titles (a big minus!)- I know they only have one title recently, but they've made the NC game two other times and are always primed to get to the 2nd weekend of the tournament and beyond.

I guess we could ask ourselves, which two Uconn years would you choose- 1995 & 1996 or 2010 & 2011?

I'd say the latter, but those teams in the 90s were pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
The thing that annoyed me was the way they took the conference route. We're only 2 seasons removed from being a top 3 team in the best conference in college bball history and they decide to bash us on being in the AAC for two seasons.

Reaction Score
I don't always win championships, but when I do, I prefer Helms.

1918Champ.jpg

Reaction Score
Or, how about, 10 Big East regular season titles, and 4 national championships?
It was framed on the last 11 years, so 1 title for KU and 2 for UConn, but KU has 11 conference titles to Uconn's 2.

This year is year 11 so I do not think 2004 is counted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They had a question, would you rather be kansas with 11 reg. season titles or uconn with the championships? I didn't get to listen, can someone post it? what kansas is doing is insane, i give them props... but the conference was never as good as the big east, they would not come close to that... i'd take national championships and win a conference title here and there... you can still be dominant or really good and not win a conference title every single year, depending on the league
It was just the last 11 years, so we have 2 titles and they have 1, but they have 11 conference titles and we have 2.

I still take the titles, but that was the actual question.

Last edited:

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Okay okay, I'll say it:

Anyone looking towards the ABC/ESPN family of networks to positively validate the success of the University of Connecticut in anything, is in for a frustrating experience. And I'll stop right there...

Reaction Score
Okay okay, I'll say it:

Anyone looking towards the ABC/ESPN family of networks to positively validate the success of the University of Connecticut in anything, is in for a frustrating experience. And I'll stop right there...
Every single person on the show said they would take UConn's, except for one.

But given your signature there is no point in providing this for you

Reaction Score
Oh i get it now. So the question is even dumber then i originally thought.
Right. All time, with their Final Fours and all that, I could see an argument on the historic scale.

11 years back (and Kansas last didn't win the BXII in 2004 when OK State did), we have 3 Final Fours and 2 titles. They have 2 Final Fours and 1 title. There isn't really a comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regular season championships?

This is what makes the question so ridiculous. Is winning the regular season conference title the goal of every college basketball team in the country at the beginning of the season? No. The goal is to win the whole damn thing. 2>1. And in the past 20 years, 4>1. of here with that question SVP and Russillo. Storrs, CT is the capital of modern college basketball, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Not taking away from KU's impressive accomplishment, just reiterating the importance of winning national championships.

Reaction Score
I dont even think its a debate This is essentially like asking ourselves if we would rather have a season like 2005-2006, or a season like 2013-2014. Without hesitation you take the championship over any other accomplishment.

Reaction Score
Right. All time, with their Final Fours and all that, I could see an argument on the historic scale.

11 years back (and Kansas last didn't win the BXII in 2004 when OK State did), we have 3 Final Fours and 2 titles. They have 2 Final Fours and 1 title. There isn't really a comparison.
We havent finished the regular season with a team in the top 10 since 09 and we havent had a 1 seed since then either i believe. That kind of sucks and it also sucks we`re not winning conference titles like we used to but the national titles make up for it. Who wouldnt trade 10 conference titles over the next 10 years for 2 more national titles?

Reaction Score
We havent finished the regular season with a team in the top 10 since 09 and we havent had a 1 seed since then either i believe. That kind of sucks and it also sucks we`re not winning conference titles like we used to but the national titles make up for it. Who wouldnt trade 10 conference titles over the next 10 years for 2 more national titles?
I'd like to be dominant in the regular season, consistently make the Final Four, and win roughly the same amount of titles.

Instead, we have recently been good in the regular season, made 3 Final Fours in the last 7 seasons (not counting this one) and won 2 titles.

Give me that over the run from 1994-1998.

Reaction Score
Would you take 11 of the cube steaks or 4 filets?
Would you take 11 Ford Mavericks or 4 Mustang GTs?
Would you take 11 UConn cheerleaders or 4 from South Florida?
You made it all the way through the thread and you still did not understand the question.............

Reaction Score
This is the only viable argument they put forward, if you can even call it viable. We have missed the tournament 3 times during the stretch (1 was a banned year) and KU has not had any down years. It is more of being consistently "great" and 1 title, or up and down (compared to KU) and 2 titles.

No debate for me, I want that extra title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom